ads

Chapter 163 Chrome Barlux



Chrome POV


  I have defeated many people who are called sword saints of the same generation. I can win even without using sleep magic. With this king's sword and king's armor, even a B-class adventurer can have a good match.




 If you can beat Marth-senpai, you can talk to Misha-senpai... In the story just now, Marth-senpai is strong, so Sasha-sensei said that Misha-senpai is going to be Marth-senpai's fiancee... As expected, I may not have a better face than Marth-senpai, but if my ability is higher, I might have a chance...




 The match with Marth-senpai was in a place like the arena used at the Lister Festival last year. There were no galleries. Apparently, they may have been clearing out the crowd.




 Oh... Sasha-sensei is here... even Duke Regan...I was shocked when I saw Sasha-sensei. This is an elf...it was incredibly beautiful.




 I heard that there is a daughter of Sasha-sensei in the second grade. When I looked at her, she looked like Sasha-sensei had been made smaller. The difference between her and Sasha-sensei, Sasha-sensei has a slightly cool impression, but Misha-senpai always smiled and seemed friendly.




 Along with Clarisse-senpai's cute "beginning" voice, I attack Marth-senpai. Marth-senpai shouldn't have had anything, but before I knew it, he had a stone-like sword.




 I slashed with the king's sword without regard, but before I knew it, Marth-senpai was backstepping... fast! This might be the fastest opponent I've ever fought! But the performance of the king's sword is amazing from here!




 Because the king sword can cast either fire magic or wind magic from the tip of the sword! Naturally, I fired fire magic from the tip of my sword.




 Then Marth-senpai slashed the fire I shot! It was so fast that I couldn't see it clearly, but... can magic be cut ?!  I understand water magic and earth magic, but... can you do that!? ?




 I regained my distance. This is... if it's just a sword, Marth-senpai is definitely better than me... I can't help it... I didn't want to use it much, but I'll use sleep magic...




"Marth-senpai. That's amazing. There's something about being called a sword saint. But there's a reason why I can't lose. Please don't think badly of me!"




 Even after hearing my words, Marth-senpai doesn't look like he's readying his sword. Maybe it's set up like this...




"sleep!"




 After chanting sleep magic, I approach Marth-senpai like before. As expected, I can't finish off a sleeping opponent, so I'll lightly hit his neck with my sword and the match ends.




 When I looked at Marth-senpai, he was still standing. I guess he resisted a little. But another sleep cast at this distance will put him to sleep completely.




"sleep!"




 I told Marth-senpai to sleep for the second time... but Marth-senpai didn't let go of his consciousness even for a moment, let alone sleep.




"Eh...? Sleep magic doesn't work?"




 When I unintentionally raise my voice




“It seems that sleep magic doesn’t work on me… I was once cast by an adventurer named Waltz, but it didn’t work on me either… Maybe I have a peculiar constitution"




 Marth-senpai speaks to me as if admonishing me. Have you ever received sleep magic from master in the past? And even master's sleep magic didn't work?




 The sword saint that sleep magic doesn't work on...and his swordsmanship level is higher than mine...isn't the only thing winning is my equipment? Normally, I don't want to compete with the superiority of the equipment, but this time I absolutely can't lose.




 I brandish the King's Sword without regard for my appearance, and occasionally shoot fire, but none of my attacks work... But even Marth-senpai can't do any damage to me.




 After all, this king's armor has extremely high defensive power, and is equipped with various resistances... If I keep attacking like this, someday... After attacking for a while, Marth-senpai suddenly raise his sword...






 ☆☆☆





 I failed... I shouldn't have said that it was settled in a mock battle. This is a conversation with Clarisse when heading to the arena.




“Marth, is it okay to settle in a mock battle?”




"Why? Your Highness wants a mock battle, right?"




“Marth will slash His Highness of the Kingdom of Barlux… No, can you injure him without slashing him? Is it okay if you win against His Highness? Is it okay if you embarrass him in front of the public?"




 Oh... that's right! There's no way that's allowed! His Highness didn't look like His Highness, so I had let my guard down... if this was Doaho, this wouldn't have happened...




“Wh-what should I do…it’s just as Clarisse says…”




 To my dismay, Clarisse looked troubled.




"It's no good to lose on purpose... if possible, I think it would be nice to have a draw in a close match..."




 As expected, I'm not sure I'd be able to draw with His Highness right now.... Ah! I came up with a good idea!




"Clarisse! Can you hold these two swords for me!?"




"Yeah... fine, but... are you okay? What's the plan?"




 When I tell Clarisse the strategy




"Hmm... it's difficult, but... just barely safe... maybe?"




 She said. I'm worried, but I have to do it. First of all, I have to start with paying people...




 Paying people was easy. When I asked Duke Regan, she immediately agreed. But, of course, Duke Regan would also be watching.




 As soon as they arrived at the arena, Chrome suddenly rushed in along with Clarisse's voice of "Start". I thought he was going to wait a little longer, but... I appraised him while Chrome was rushing in.




[Name] Chrome Barks

[title]-

[Identity] Human race, 2nd Prince of the Kingdom of Barlux

[Condition] Good

[Age] 11 years old

[Level] 28

[HP] 55/55

[MP] 58/58

[Strength] 38

[Agility] 38

[Magic] 30

[dexterity] 34

[Endurance] 40

[Luck] 10


[Special Ability] Swordsmanship (Lv6/C)

[Special Ability] Fire Magic (Lv4/C)

[Special Ability] Wind Magic (Lv4/C)

[Special Ability] Sleep Magic (Lv1/G)


[Equipment] King's sword

[Equipment] King's Armor




 A status that feels like an all-rounder. It can't be helped for Garu-senpai lose to him...




 I decided to carry out my plan. Sword fighting is no no... seriously swinging a sword is also no no... and you have to make it look like you're seriously fighting...




 So I decided to dodge Chrome's sword and cut his magic. It would be better if I also dodge his magic, but I thought it would be more like a performance of a sword saint if I cut it.



 After a while Chrome chanted Sleep Magic. Sleep Magic still doesn't work on me. However, Chrome had absolute confidence in Sleep Magic and chanted Sleep Magic again as he approached.




 When he realized that sleep didn't work on me, he swung his sword violently. You have quite a lot of physical strength... It's pretty tiring to be dodged his sword, but his swordsmanship isn't disturbed... I'm sure his putting a lot of effort in his swordsmanship.




 The magic was also shooting quite a lot. That's why Chrome's MP is running low. He won't be able to cast magic anymore. I wonder if it's about time...?




 I quickly raised my gear and approached Chrome at top speed, slashing Chrome... No, more precisely, I hit the king's armor with my sword. Then the sword I was holding… the stone sword shattered into pieces.




 As you probably already know, the stone sword I'm holding is purposely weakened. That's why I can't exchange swords, and I can't really swing it. If you swing it seriously, it's so fragile that it can't even withstand the wind pressure.




 Looking at the shattered sword, I made a firm surprised expression. This would be an Academy Award-worthy performance. All I had to do after that is dodge Chrome's attacks.




 As a sword saint, you would think that I can't fight without a sword. There was no ring announcer, which was a good thing... I would have fight with my bare hands if they had announced me as a lower class martial artist.




 Chrome's MP can't shoot magic anymore, so there's no need to cut with a sword. After a while, Clarisse




"That's it! This game is a draw because we lack the decisive factor!"




 and proceeded as planned. Perfect pre-established harmony... or is it match-fixing?




"I never thought that my proud sword would be broken. That sword was a special sword that could cut magic, so... my sword didn't seem to work in front of His Highness's durability and armor."




 When I said the lines I had prepared, Chrome




"No... if the equipment were the same, I would have lost. It was judged to be a draw, but what will happen in this case?"




“How about something like this? I will call your Highness His Highness, but how about speaking in a friendly way?”




“Understood. But next time, I will definitely win and get my wish. I look forward to seeing you again. Marth-senpai!”




 With that said, Chrome left the arena with Kevin, who had come with him. After Chrome and Kevin left the arena, the 2nd year S class members, Alice, Sophia, Duke Regan and Sasha-sensei came to my place.




"I wonder what I was shown when I went so far as to pay people off?"




 When Duke Regan asked me




"That was my full power (performance) battle. How was it?"




 When I asked Duke Regan a question from here, she smiled wryly.




“Marth is daikon, right? I was so nervous to see it...." (idk what she mean, may be she ask him if he sane?) 




 Clarisse answers on behalf of Duke Regan. eh…? Even though it was such a realistic performance?




"As long as they think it's acting, it's acting... I have to..."




 Is Clarisse an Esper? Or am I a satorare?




“Why didn’t you fight more seriously!? Doesn't this make we're... the Lister Imperial School look weak!”




 Karen asks me in a bad mood.




“As expected, it would be bad if the son of a noble of Kingdom of Barlux beat The Prince of Kingdom of Barlux, wouldn’t it? I didn't realize it until Clarisse told me. It doesn't seem like he's the kind of person that talk about too much, and besides Ike-nii is the strongest at Lister Imperial School."




 Karen doesn't seem to agree with my answer. It seems that Misha was also with her




“I understand why Marth can’t fight seriously. But there's no reason why we shouldn't fight seriously, so next time Chrome-chi comes over, I'll try to fight him. As expected, it's frustrating for me to see Marth being underestimated."




 If Misha wins, I get the feeling it's going to get a lot more complicated, but... Well, I can't say it's forbidden to do all this....




“I understand. But please don’t hurt him too much, and I don't think His Highness ever underestimated me."




 When I said that, Misha immediately started training with Ellie.




"I'm going back now. Let me see Marth fight with all his might this time."




 Because Duke Regan wanted to go back




“Thank you. I have a favor to ask, but wouldn't it be possible for you to continue paying for people? There are things I need to talk to Sophia and Alice."




"Okay... I understand. Don't worry, just talk to them."




 Duke Regan said so and left the arena.




"Sophia. I have something I want to give you."




 After saying that, I received the flame whip from Karen and gave it to Sophia.




"Sophia has a talent for whip. I want Karen to teach you whip art. Do you mind?"




 Sophia was surprised when I said that,




"This... such a good thing? For me? I'll just have to learn how to use it from Karen...my senpai.... I understand. Once I get used to it, you can do whatever you want with me...."




 It's great that you liked it. Karen immediately started teaching Sophia whip art. yes. It's as Spartan as expected... well, she said you can do whatever you want, so let Karen do as she please.




"Next is Alice-chan. I have something I want to give to Alice-chan."




 When I say that, Alice




“Before that! Could you please call me... Alice too? It seems like I'm the only one who's out of the loop ......"



 She said while dyeing her face a little. I see... I didn't realize it, but if I use honorific just for one person, she might think so.




"Okay Alice. Now take this."




 I received the holy silver rapier from Clarisse and gave it to Alice.





TN : if you find something wrong just let me know

if you like my work please support me Ko-fi



Prev    Toc    Next


Comments

ads