ads

Chapter 166 Ice Emperor




    This year as well, the Lister Imperial School and the Cerence Royal School remained in the finals. However, there was no game that was exciting so far, and there was no heat like last year.




 Well, last year the Royal Academy of Cerence was doing a lot of shit, so the venue had a bad atmosphere, so it's better compared to that, but...




 For some encouragement, I went to a first-year student who was in the martial arts club.




"Everyone has one more win to go. Don't regret it."




 When I say something trivial to Chrome, Alice, and the other three people in Class A, they all reply "Yes!" Maybe it would have been better if I hadn't encouraged them... I decided to go back to the VIP room and watch the game with [Reimei], Ike, and bespectacled senpai.




 The final match also progressed to the vice general match, and Lister Imperial School lost 1 to 2. Then it was Alice's turn.




 Until now, the usual ring announcer was quiet, but it seems that the tension has suddenly risen.




“Now then, the Lister Imperial School is gone! Coming out as a vice general is... what! The 6th beautiful girl from [Reimei] led by our harem king, The Sword Saint Marth Bryant! "Alice Calloooooolllllllllll!" Take a closer look at that appearance that was recognized by Marth Bryant!"




 I wanted this teasing to stop.




 Duke Regan was probably nervous too...because she was the 6th member of the party...the basics of a high-ranking party are 5 members and the 6th member is a holy wizard. Well, just think of it as a selection of faces....



“Marth……Is it true that Alice is [Reimei]?”




 Brother Ike asks me in a low voice, looking worried.




"Yes. Alice is the last member of [Reimei]."




"That means... is that the case?"




"Yes. Alice can also use it."




 Ike did not ask any more questions.




 Alice struggled from start to finish, taking advantage of the difference in level and the unique status of the beastman.




 Without a doubt, Alice will lose. But that was fine. There's no need to overdo it here... We thought the match was over because Alice was blown away by her opponent's beast man.




 However, the next moment Alice chanted heal as she was blown away. I don't think anyone in the venue noticed it except for us... Maybe not even one person... No, please don't notice anyone...




 While receiving damage, Alice gradually reduced the beastman's HP. The opponent surrendered when the beastman's HP reached single digits.




 A huge comeback win from a stage where everyone thought she would definitely lose. There was no reason not to get excited.




“Winner! Alice Calloooooolllllllllll!" 




 Along with the announcement of the victory, the loudest cheers of the day poured out on Alice from the Coliseum.




 So far so good... but when the match was over, a man with light blue hair entered the VIP room and started talking to Duke Regan about something.




 I can see that Duke Regan is frantically saying something to the man with light blue hair. Perhaps... at this time, it's about Alice...




"Marth... I'll talk to you later... Please stay here after the finals are over."




 When Duke Regan told me with a scared face, the man with light blue hair looked at me and left the VIP room.




"Are you talking about Alice...?"




 After the man left, when I asked Duke Regan, she silently nodded.




 In the general battle, Chrome won without danger, and with a score of 3 to 2, the Lister Imperial School won the martial arts division and the magic division for two years in a row.




 After the new student tournament is over, there are only a dozen people left in the Coliseum.




 The members of [Akatsuki] who came to the venue were me, Clarisse, Ellie, Karen, Misha, Alice, Reiner, Sasha and Duke Regan, and a man with light blue hair and four people who seemed to be his companions.




 Ike, the spectacled senpai and Zeke, and Earl Mesarius are heading to Regan one step ahead.




“Duke Regan. Thank you very much. Please raise a valuable holy magician for me."




 When the light blue haired man said to Duke Regan, Duke Regan




"Huge. Please respect the will of the students. Alice says she wants to stay in [Reimei]. It's not that I don't like [Ice Emperor]."




 I thought I had seen them somewhere, but they were the ones I passed by in West Rimurugard...




"Duke Regan... This is also my kindness. If things continue like this, Alice will suffer even worse. If they find out a B-rank party have a holy magician, another A-rank party will definitely kidnap her. 


No... it might still be better if it's kidnapped by an adventurer. You know Duke Regan, don't you? Or are you going to keep Alice locked up in the school for a long time? As expected, we who are from the Allied Lister Union won't be stupid enough to sneak into the Lister Imperial School, but people from other countries will come to target them, even if it means taking a risk, right? ”




 Huge says to persuade Duke Regan. that? I thought these guys were at a Barlux Kingdom party, right? I thought that only [Vermillion] had received Rimurugard's quest from the Allied Lister Union, but Alice said to Huge's words.




“I definitely want to stay in [Reimei]! If I go to a different party, I don't know why I enrolled in Lister Imperial School for....."




 Desperately objected with a voice that contained anger.




 Perhaps this man named Huge is right... If he was a holy magician of the A-rank party [Ice Emperor], she would not be attacked, but if she was a holy magician of the B-rank party [Reimei], she would more be likely to be kidnapped.




 Even Duke Regan can't object because he's right.




"Lord Huge. I'm the leader of [Reimei]. I'm Marth Bryant. I'm a B-Rank adventurer now, but I'm thinking of trying to become an A-Rank adventurer this year. If I can't become an A-Rank adventurer this year, Is it okay if we talk about it again?"




"That's no good. The growth of our A-rank party is the top priority. We saw hell in Rimurugard. We absolutely need a holy magician to capture that hell!"




 You're saying the exact opposite of Suzaku...




"Huge-sama. My brother Suzaku is saying the exact opposite of Huge-sama. He Said the holy magician is a hindrance, so they should only challenge with the elite. My brother will gather the elite from the six Freswald Knights and challenge Rimurugard again. Could you please reconsider?"




 Karen said the same thing that I was thinking.




“Karen…Is Suzaku-sama thinking the same…I also agree with Suzaku-sama opinion. I don't think I'll bring Alice to Rimurugard. I think we should raise the individual level more.


That is why we [Ice Emperor] are going to take the quest for the Demon Forest in the Kingdom of Zarkam's starting late next month and train ourselves once again. That's why we need a holy magician."




 Huge seems to know Karen. And what Huge is saying makes a lot of sense... but that doesn't mean we can hand over Alice.




"Then let's do this. Huge and Marth will fight next month, and if Marth wins, Alice will be [Reimei] as it is. And if Huge wins, I will prepare a holy magician that is even better than Alice.


That person will be able to act with you [Ice Emperor] even in the Demon Forest. However, it will be with a time limit. Until you [Ice Emperor] complete the quest in the Demon Forest.


No no, you know how difficult it is to use the holy magician who participates in the party, right? In the unlikely event that Marth wins, please give up on Alice and promise not to reveal anything about Alice."




 I'm probably the one who's an even better holy magician than Alice. And by no means the Holy Magician who joins the party is Alice....




 Duke Regan probably thinks I will lose. She is trying to convince Huge to give me some advantage in case I lose.




"Are you sure you want Marth to fight me, an A-Rank adventurer? He's taller than me, but it's unheard of for an A-Rank adventurer to fight an 11-year-old...? If there is a holy magician who can enter the forest with us, I think our leveling up will progress, but is there really such a person?"




 Huge is skeptical of Duke Regan's words.




“I swear it in the name of Duke Regan. You may rest assured. And Mars, are you willing to accept these terms as well?"




"Understood...can I ask one thing? Has the battle already started? A member of the [Ice Emperor] party has been appraising me for a while? Can I appraise Huge-sama as well?"




 The members of [Ice Emperor] were surprised when I noticed the appraisal.




"I'm sorry... you can appraise me as you like. Duke Regan, when will you do it next month?"




"I'm also busy, so how about March 15th in the middle of next month? Huge will be in time for the Demon Forest if it ends on March 15th, right?"




"Understood. Then I will visit Lister Imperial School on March 15th. Marth. I will fight seriously. Don't think badly of me."




 I silently nodded and appraised Huge.






[Name] Huge Sutherland

[title] Spear King

[Status] Human, Earl of Sutherland

[Condition] Good

[Age] 35

[Level] 60

[HP] 236/236

[MP] 281/281

[Strength] 95

[Agility] 88

[Magic] 70

[dexterity] 114

[Endurance] 118

[Luck] 1


[Special Ability] Swordsmanship (Lv6/D)

[Special Ability] Spearmanship (Lv9/B)

[Special Ability] Water Magic (Lv8/C)

[Special Ability] Wind Magic (Lv2/G)


[Equipment] Blizzard Sword

[Equipment] Freezing Sword

[Equipment] Silver Snow Spear

[Equipment] Magic ice armor






 It's a splendid equipment of water attribute, isn't it? Besides, is there any reason why you are equipped with two swords?




 When Huge leaves, Alice




"I'm sorry! Because of me, something terrible happened..."




 She apologized with a voice that looked like she was going to cry at any moment and Clarisse.




“From now on, use holy magic wisely. Besides, Marth was going to challenge A-Rank adventurer this year, so it might be just right.”




 Follow up Alice so as not to blame herself.




 Ellie and Karen also look worried, and as expected Misha looks a little uneasy.




“Marth……as you can imagine, this is the best compromise I can make. I will try to get Marth out of [Ice Emperor] as soon as possible, so please be patient for a little while."




“Duke Regan. I will definitely win. So please tell me how Huge-sama fights."




 While Duke Regan was surprised by my words




"...Huge's fighting style is unique. He wields a spear and two swords at the same time. The spear is handled with both hands, and ice arms emerge from his magic ice armor, wielding its own sword on each ice arm. Huge boasts unparalleled strength in the vanguard, Huge is evenly matched against higher A-Rank adventurers with its unique fighting style.”




 Somehow... it's a style that seems to mesh with me... I definitely won't lose in a sword to sword clash. but if it's the spear that's the problem...



 But right now, all I can do is train hard. Anyway, I have to get back to Regan and start training as soon as possible...




 I left the guest room behind with a feeling of impatience in my heart.





if you like my work please support me Ko-fi



Prev    Toc    Next


Comments

ads