ads

Chapter 168 Sword Saint vs Spear King




March 15, 2031




 During this past month, I underwent intensive training after intensive training. Unfortunately, my special abilities didn't level up at all, but my stats have improved.






[Name] Marth Bryant

[Title] Thunder God / Wind King / Saint / Goblin Slaughterer

[Status] Human, second son of Earl Bryant

[Condition] Good

[Age] 11 years old

[Level] 41

[HP] 105/105

[MP] 8054/8054

[Strength] 99

[Agility] 98

[Magic] 114

[dexterity] 96

[Endurance] 93

[Luck] 30


[Unique Ability] Natural Ability (LvMAX)

[Unique Ability] Celestial Eyes (Lv10)

[Unique Ability] Lightning Magic (Lv9/S)

[Special Ability] Swordsmanship (Lv9/A)

[Special Ability] Fire Magic (Lv5/D)

[Special Ability] Water Magic (Lv5/D)

[Special Ability] Earth Magic (Lv5/D)

[Special Ability] Wind Magic (Lv10/A)

[Special Ability] Holy Magic (Lv8/A)


[Equipment] Thunder Sword

[Equipment] Salamander Sword

[Equipment] Thunder God robe

[Equipment] Disguise bracelet






"Duke Regan, do you need anything?"




 Right now, I'm being summoned to the principal's office by Duke Regan.




"I'm talking about today's fight with Huge. Why don't you accept defeat without fighting? No matter how strong Marth is, for an A-rank adventurer..."




“Duke Regan. I will say it again and again, but I will win.”




 It seems that Duke Regan will never believe me. Well, it goes without saying, but...




"... Is that so... I understand. Huge has already arrived at the arena. Only five people, Alice, Reiner, Bram, and Sasha, will enter the arena. The other is prohibited. However, just to be safe, only Clarisse will be asked to wait outside. Please come back safely……"




 Duke Regan really seems to be worried about me. When I headed to the arena with Duke Regan, Huge, Reiner, Bram, Sasha, and Alice were already there.




“I didn’t expect you to really come…but I won’t hold back!?”




 Huge is a bit intimidating. It's not that his threatening me, but it's clear that his words are powerful.




"Yes. I only have one request. If I win, please don't tell anyone what you saw here. Of course, even to [Ice Emperor] party members."




"Okay. If only Marth won."




 When the conversation with Huge is over, Alice comes over worriedly.




"Please...  be careful..."




 When Alice said apologetically, Reiner also came to me




"What's the deal? Can you really win?"




"Do you think I'll lose if our stats are almost even?"




 After hearing my words, Reiner returned with a relieved expression, and Alice, surprised by my words, followed after Reiner.




"I will make the decision. Killing is prohibited. Are you ready?"




 When Duke Regan says to me and Huge and we nod.




"Begin!"




 With Duke Regan's signal, I unsheathe the Thunder sword and Salamander sword from the very beginning and rush towards huge. Of course, I am alerted by using the future vision and deploy the wind-jacket sylphid.



 Huge was taken aback by my speed, but he immediately took out two ice arms from his magic ice armor, holding a Blizzard sword and a Freezing sword in his ice arms, and a silver snow spear in both hands. 




 I overwhelmed him with speed, but can he keep up... I guess he must have experienced a lot of faster attacks before.




 As I approached, Huge first attempted to thrust with a spear of silver snow, I barely dodged the tip of the silver snow spear. Just as I'm about to counterattack, future vision showed me a future where the was attacked by the silver snow spear.




 I just dodged it, so why!? When I looked at the tip of the silver snow spear that was protruding behind me, and to my surprise, the tip had somehow turned into a scythe-like shape, and he attempted to slash my left arm as he pulled the spear back.




 I enchant the Thunder God robe with lightning magic and barely dodge it, Huge looks at me with a surprised face. The tip of the silver snow spear returned to Huge's hand has a normal shape... this is troublesome. In addition to stabbing, I have to be careful when he pulls the spear...




 However, spears also have their weaknesses. I step in closer and challenge close combat. Since the spear has a long reach, it should be difficult to handle unless there is a certain distance.




 When I enter Huge range, he tries to counterattack with the Blizzard sword and Freezing sword, but it's actually the ice arms coming out of the magic ice armor that are swinging the swords.




 After clashing swords several times, it was clear that the physical strength of the ice arms was weak. Huge, who realized that the two swords equipped by the ice arm could not defend against my sword attack, he decided to use the silver snow spear to defend as well.




 I thought for a moment that I might be able to push through like this, but an A-rank adventurer wouldn't be that easy to deal with.




 All of a sudden I I lost the stability in my footing. It was good when Huge received my sword attack, but when he was evaded, I lost my balance.




 Why!? Thinking that, I looked down at my feet and saw that the ground was frozen. Damn it! When did he manage to freeze the ground without me noticing?




 Due to my bad footing, I could handle light attacks from Huge Blizzard sword and Freezing sword, but I couldn't fully defend against the attacks from the Silver Snow Spear with just the Thunder Sword and the Salamander Sword.




 I managed to deflect the trajectory of the silver snow spear using the wind cutter.




"Wha... wind magic with no chants? And a wind cutter that can deflect my spear as a spear king..."




 Huge exclaimed in surprise.




"I didn't want to use it much because it was a secret move."




 I replied after securing distance, this time Huge rushed towards me. Apparently Huge knows. If this continues, I will definitely win.




 Because Huge's MP is already 208/281. Transforming the tip of the silver snow spear into a scythe will consume MP and Freezing the ground will also consume MP.




 On the other hand, I have only fired one wind cutter. Huge probably doesn't know how much MP I have, but if you look at the power of the Wind Cutter earlier, he probably thinks there's no reason for it to be small.




 In reality, I'm also consuming MP by using Future Vision and wind-jacket sylphid, but Huge doesn't know that.




 Huge thrusts the silver snow spear with a lot more physical strength. I could barely handle it with the Thunder sword, Salamander sword and wind cutter. Gradually I became unable to handle the attacks from the Blizzard sword and the Freezing sword, and finally my left arm was lightly cut by the Blizzard sword.




 Because I can't stand on my feet properly, Even if I could see the attack with my future vision, I couldn't dodge it. Frostbite gradually occurs in the parts that are cut by the Blizzard sword. Gradually, I can't feel my left arm and left hand losing sensation. I realize that I have to prepare for a short-term decisive battle...




 There was one thing I had decided during my fight with Huge. That was to not use any Holy magic.




 If I use Holy magic, Huge probably won't fight with all his might. Because Huge knows the value of the Holy magician. He would never do anything to hurt a Holy magician. That's why I decided not to use Holy magic until the battle was over.




"Take it!"




 Huge didn't overlook the fact that I was taking damage. Once again, he rushes forward while holding the silver snow spear. But this time, I enchanted the Thunder sword with Lighting magic and firmly blocked the silver snow spear, Huge surprised again, and this time Huge took a distance.




"You resisted? The ice on the ground melted? And... your hands..."




 Huge surprised that the ice on the ground has melted. It turned out that all those times I had been drying the women's hair and adjusting the temperature in the room almost every day.




 It took a while for the ice on the ground to melt, but it can't be helped. Now it's my turn! 




 First, I slash Huge with a Thunder sword enchanted with lightning magic, and Huge will stop it with the silver snow spear.




 Without a doubt, the Blizzard sword and the Freezing sword cannot withstand my Thunder sword, so it was an expected action. Somehow, I felt that Huge's spear handling was slower than before.




 Next, when I released a full-power wind cutter against the Blizzard sword, deflecting the sword, and Huge's posture collapsed a little.




 However, Ice's arm still held the Blizzard Sword firmly. At this point, instead of aiming for Huge, I aimed for Blizzard Sword again. Once he was out of balance, I aimed at the Blizzard sword again and fired the wind cutter, and finally the Blizzard sword fell from the ice arm.




 Next is the Freezing sword equipped on the left side of the ice arm. As usual, Huge is dealing my Thunder sword attack with the silver snow spear. However, the physical strength that he put into the spear keeps weakening.




 I parry the Freezing sword with the wind cutter, and and then I throw the Salamander sword enchanted with Fire magic with my left hand, which is gradually losing sensation due to frostbite, aiming for the ice arm.




 Salamander Sword, pierces through the ice arm that couldn't fully withstand the impact of Wind Cutter.




 Of course, the Freezing sword falls to the ground, and Huge's only weapon is the silver snow spear.




 Huge instantly regenerates his left ice arm, but I use Wind to blow the Freezing Sword to the edge of the arena and try to slash Huge.




"I surrender."




 Huge declared suddenly.




 huh…? He surrendered so easily... Are you lure me to let my guard down? I thought, but the next moment, Huge dropped the spear of silver snow to the ground.




"I Surrender. My hands are paralyzed and I can't hold the spear anymore... Every time I received an attack from that sword with the silver snow spear, I felt a tingling sensation through the spear... I didn't feel it when we clashed with the ice arm..."




 So that's why Huge's physical strength is gradually weakening... Maybe the Lighting magic enchanted to the Thunder sword was transmitted little by little? After my level of Lighting magic increased, I felt that the power of my Thunder sword increased.




 Duke Regan was stunned and dumbfounded by this result.




"Duke Regan. Is it okay for me to win?"




 When I asked, she finally regained her composure and shouted loudly,




"Winner, Marth!"




 She declared. At that moment I was in front of Huge




"high heals"




 I healed the frostbite on my left arm. Huge, who saw this scene, was amazed.




"No way... a sword saint... and a sacred magician...?"




 It was an expected reaction.




"You remember what I said before the match, right? Absolutely don't tell. In return, I won't tell anyone other than my party members that I won against Huge sama. My party members can be trusted to keep it a secret. Today, we discussed it and decided that Alice would stay in [Reimei].It that good?"




 I'm a little worried about Sophia, but... Huge is still surprised by my Holy magic and hasn't responded.




 so i once again, with a louder voice,




"is that good, or not!?"




 I confirmed with a louder voice than before




"Ah... you did say that before the match... I understand. Marth and I weren't fighting... it was decided through discussion..."




“Thank you very much. In that case, I'll heal you just in case. If there are any remaining injuries on Huge sama, I don't know what the members of the [Ice Emperor] might say."




 When I cast Heal on Huge, it seems that the minor wounds have healed and his grip strength has returned. After I healed Huge, Alice ran toward me and she hugged me.




"I'm really sorry... It's all because of me."




 She was crying in my chest the whole time. As I stroked Alice's pink head, Duke Regan and the three teachers approached us.




"No way... to really defeat Huge..."




 Duke Regan talks to me with an expression of disbelief as she spoke. Sasha also chimed in.




"I've heard from Misha that Marth is incredibly strong, and that it's out of the norm, but... I didn't expect to this extent... Despite the opponent being a mid-level A-rank adventurer..."




 she was also impressed.




“Sasha-sensei, please keep this matter a secret. I intend to be recognized solely as the Sword Saint, so I'm counting on you."




 When I said that, Sasha responded




“Marth, are you really a child? You defeat an A-rank adventurer, should'nt you be more excited? Well, I won't tell anyone..."




 Sasha really wouldn't tell anyone. She didn't even tell Misha that Clarisse could use Holy magic. Reporting to Duke Regan is natural considering the hierarchical relationship.




"Well then, everyone, let's head back. Alice, It's over. Thanks to Alice, we achieved the best result. Isn't that great? Stop crying and let's go."




 Alice finally lifted her face from my chest. Her eyes were still red, but she had a smile of joy on her face.




 Clarisse is waiting outside the arena. I need to reassure her quickly. As I walked out of the arena, my steps were light.




If you like my work please support me Ko-fi



Prev    Toc    Next

Comments

ads