ads

Chapter 169 New Quest




March 16, 2031




 I was called by Duke Regan in the morning, I am now in the principal's office.




"Thank you for your hard work yesterday. Is it okay if I ask you something?"




 As soon as I entered the principal's office, Duke Regan spoke to me.




"Yes. If it's a question I can answer."




 When I answered, Duke Regan sipped his drink.




"Marth, please tell me what title you have."




 It's a question that's difficult to answer suddenly... Let's keep the Thunder God hidden.




"The Wind King, Saint, and the Goblin Slaughterer."




“The Goblin slaughterer is something quite rare…well, Saint is overwhelmingly rare…does Marth not have the title of Sword Saint? As far as I know, Reiner acquired it with the fastest record when he was 13 years old, but I wondered if maybe Marth broke the fastest record... and it's hard to believe you can win in battle against Spear King Huge without the title of Sword Saint...."




 Is goblin slaughterer rare?




“I also trained intensively for the past month, but I couldn’t get it. I would like to ask you something about this as well. I remember being told that I could only acquire up to three titles when I was young. If I were to obtain the title of Sword Saint, what would happen? Would the effects of the titles disappear, or would the titles themselves be revoked?”




“You heard about it in Barlux Kingdom, right? There is no point in being told that because information is never updated in that country.


As far as I know, I know someone who has 6 titles. Sword God, Wind King, Treasure Hunter, Dragon Killer, Ant Slaughterer... and one more title.


In particular, the effect of the title will not be lost or deprived. In the Kingdom of Barlux, may be they've never seen anyone with more than three titles."




 Good thing, the title wasn't wasted... well, I kind of expected it.




 Even so, there are some amazing people out there...Sword God and Wind King are a pretty strong combination, aren't they?




"That's amazing... I'll do my best to aim for that person!"




 When I tell Duke Regan, for some reason he looks sad




"Sure, do you're best. I understand that Marth does not have the title of Sword Saint. But then, how was he able to defeat Huge, the Spear King... I overheard a few words you said to Reiner, and it seemed like your stats were mentioned to be similar with Huge? For some reason I can't appraise Marth.If you don't mind, could you tell me Marth's stats?"




 Today's Duke Regan is kind of annoying... and I feel like the question is straight.




 But I think it's best to be honest here. If I give a low estimation of my stats, it might hinder my progress in becoming an A-rank adventurer...




"Yes... I understand. My level is 41. My stats from the top is 99, 98, 114, 96, and 93."




 I didn't want to say anything about MP, so I dared to answer like this. But this answer seems to have sufficed for Duke Regan.




“Level 41… 41 at 11 years old is very high, but… your level is much lower than expected… I thought it would be at least level 50... No, I thought you were over 55…


Being level 41 and having that stats is a foul, isn't it?... and calling yourself the Sword Saint while having higher magical power is deceptive. But now I understand why Marth was able to beat Huge. Thank you for your answer."




 Duke Regan seems satisfied with my response.




"Let me ask you another question. I heard from Sasha-sensei that a long time ago there is a superlative wind magic called Tempest, but can I use it?"




"... Tempest is indeed a great magic, but you should never chant it... you should never learn it. The Wind God of Time died himself by chanting Tempest."




 Could it be a type of magic that sacrifices the caster's life? Then I don't have to force myself to learn it...




"Okay. I'll forget about Tempest. Anything else?"




 Duke Regan smiled, perhaps she was happy that I honestly gave up on Tempest.




“I would like to ask [Reimei] to accept the quests. I think it would be better for you guys to gain practical experience rather than take classes at school. [Reimei] has received several designated quests as well. I've made a selection, so please choose which one you'd like to receive.


One is that the number of monsters in the Holy Kingdom of Diadora has increased abnormally recently, and a request for cooperation has been received from the Listers Union.


The Diadora Holy Kingdom has long been a friendly nation of the Listers Union, and Alice's hometown. If you accept this quest, I think I'll make a request to [Genesis] as well. That way, you can have Dominique and Sophia accompany you.


Originally, I'd like Reiner, Bram, and Sasha to accompany you, but I'd like to ask these three people to do something else, so I'm requesting a team of 10.


The other is a nomination quest from Duke Cerence. The content of the quest is simply to come to the Cerence territory with Ellie.


I think Marth knows about the Duchy of Cerence, but it's on the road to the Holy Kingdom of Diadora in the northeast. If you accept the quest of the Diadora Holy Kingdom, I would appreciate it if you could stop by on your way home.


And the last is the quest to thin out the Demon Forest of the Kingdom of Zarkam, which was supposed to be the quest for [Ice Emperor].


[Ice Emperor] hastily decided to go to East Rimurugard, so we are looking for another party. It seems that it was originally a B-rank party recruitment, so [Reimei] can also accept orders."




If you're thinking about leveling up [Reimei], go for the Demon Forest. Otherwise, I would say the Diadora Holy Kingdom...




"Understood. I'm thinking of discussing it with everyone after school today. Is it okay if I reply after that?"




 Duke Regan nodded at my reply. There seemed to be no other business, so I left the principal's office.




 lunch that day.




 Ten people, including 2nd year S class, Sophia, and Alice, that is, [Reimei] and [Genesis], talked about the quest earlier. Well, I expected it, but it was a unanimous decision to go to the Diadora Holy Kingdom.




"Traveling with 10 people is like an excursion. I'm looking forward to it. I want to go soon."




 The reason Misha chose the quest to the Holy Kingdom of Diadora is probably because it's more fun to go on a quest with a large group of people. When Misha excitedly mentioned it, Karen chimed in as well.




"I feel like I'm taking a quest for the first time in a while. I'm not Misha, but I'm excited."




 Karen said, also showing some excitement.




“Speaking of which, Ellie, after completing the quest for the Holy Kingdom of Diadora, would you like to go to the Duke of Cerence? Apparently, Duke of Cerence wants me and Ellie to come?”




 I said to Ellie who sitting on my left.




"... yeah... go..."




 Ellie replied in her usual manner. By the way, I didn't go to the girl's room yesterday.




 Clarisse decided not to, because Ellie seemed to be okay and wanted to see how things were going. She seems to have slept well, she's the usual Ellie.




 After school, I went to the principal's office again and tried to knock on the door.




"Long time no see, Doaho "




 I casually greeted him. I consulted with Clarisse and Ellie about this, but they said that it might hurt the prestige of the Kingdom of Barlux if we abandoned the prince of our own country and used honorifics for the princes of other countries, so we didn't even give Doaho any honorific titles. So, I decided to address Doaho without honorifics and in a casual tone.




 As for Chrome, I think I'll continue calling him "Your Highness" until I get used to it...




"... It's been a long time... Marth... Senpai."




 Doaho replied in a somewhat hesitant manner. Hey are you Ellie? No, no, I can tell that he is try to using honorifics. I was just going to say hello, but unexpectedly Doaho spread the word.




“Marth…senpai, Clarisse-senpai, and Ellie-senpai are wearing matching bracelets……what are they?”




 Doaho asked, using honorifics. Haven't you used honorifics before? What's with that...? Matching bracelets, does he mean the disguise bracelets? Since I can't honestly tell him the truth...




"These are just something the three of us, who are close friends, wear together. Does this bother you?"




"Yeah... umm. When I was in the Kingdom of Zarkam, there was someone wearing the same thing, so I thought I'd ask... Thank you."




 It piqued my interest, so I stopped Doaho as he walked away from me.




"Wait a minute. Can you tell me who wore it?"




 Doaho thought for a moment and then said.




“Miriordo and the two people…the ages of the two people was about the same as Marth … the age of Marth-senpai.”




"Miriordo as Duke Miriordo?"




 When I asked, Doaho nodded with a troubled expression. I wonder if Duke Miriordo's name comes up here too... Duke Regan said that he was plotting something bad with Kevin's father, Duke Caesar, but to think they would be wearing disguised bracelets... I'm glad Ellie isn't here.




“Thank you. And you don't need to use honorific with me. Let's talk again sometime."




 After parting with Doaho, I knocked on the principal's office and went inside. I immediately told Duke Regan that I would accept the quest for the Holy Kingdom of Diadora.




"As expected, you choose this one? Understood. I will inform the guild on my end."




“Duke Regan……I would like to ask you another question. Is it all right?”




 I say Duke Regan




"If it's a question I can answer"




 Duke Regan parroted back the words I said before.




“I would like to know if there is anything you know about Duke Miriordo of the Kingdom of Zarkam? I appreciate it if you could tell me.”




 When I asked, Duke Regan's beautiful face clouded a little.




“Honestly, I don’t know much about Duke Miriordo either. Normally, the more senior aristocrats rise in rank, the more they tend to appear on public stage, but I don’t think Duke Miriordo has ever appeared on public stage. All I know is that they is the newest Duke family in the Kingdom of Zarkam, and that it seems to have the most influence in the current Kingdom of Zarkam.”




 Wearing a disguised bracelet and try avoiding the public stage as much as possible... It's quite similar to how I was until last year.




“Finally, could you please refrain from mentioning Duke Miriordo in front of Ellie? For some reason, she gets scared when she hears the name Duke Miriordo..."




"I understand. I'll be careful."




 I said, "Thank you," and left the principal's office.




 Duke Miriordo... what kind of person is he...




TN: this honorific thing cant be translated into english so i am going to ignore it

Guys if you find discrepancy or something wrong just leave a comment I'll try to fix it

If you like my work please support me Ko-fi



Prev    Toc    Next

Comments

ads