ads

Chapter 15 fighting style




 the next day.

 After I woke up in the morning, I sat down on my bed and talked to the two people in front of me.



"Okay, so from today we'll be an adventurer... but first, let's decide on a style."

"Style? What is that?"

"You could call it a fighting style. In other words, deciding how you fight."



 In terms of a game, I guess it's like deciding on a job.

 However, in this world, there is no such concept of a job. That's why the skills that can be learned are determined for each weapon used.



“Do we have to decide now?”

"Yes. We need to decide this first. This will change the way we fight from now on. That's why I want to decide this first."



 Because it's very important.

 If you don't decide on this, you'll get into a lot of trouble.



"Let's start with Lapis. What style do you like?"

"Uh, umm...even if you suddenly ask me...I can't think of anything..."

"Hmm. Well, let me rephrase. What kind of weapon do you want to use?"

"It's a weapon...I guess it's a sword?"

“Why do you think so?”

"I want to protect Finne. So, I want to stand in front and make sure the enemy doesn't attack Finne."

"Onee-chan……"

"Hmm."



 I see. Is it a typical vanguard style?

 Well, it's not bad.



"There are multiple types of weapons. Swords, axes, spears, bows, and Cane. There's also unarmed combat. They are divided into these systems."

"S-so many..."

"If you just want to be a vanguard, you can use a spear or something. It has a long reach and a wide range. Its power is not bad either."

“Uh, ummm…”



 Lapis folds her arms and ponders.



“Is it possible to change it later?”

"I don't recommend it. Because it involves skill acquisition."

“Skill acquisition? What do you mean?”

"If it's a sword, there's a sword skill. If it's a spear, there's a skill specifically for spear. There are some skills that can be activated regardless of the weapon, but if you acquire too many skills, SP (Skill Points) may run out."

"Sukiru Point? What is that?"

"These are the points needed to learn a skill. Without these points, you won't be able to learn a skill."

"I see"

"Above all, you want to increase 'proficiency level.' You should stick to a specific weapon as the main one."



 Proficiency is an incredibly important system.

 It makes a big difference whether you know this or not.



"Proficiency level? What is that?"

"Well, there's no need to worry about it for now. Just keep that in the back of your mind. Anyway, you should stick to a main weapon. You can use other weapons later."

"...I can't think of anything after all. I've never used a weapon before."



 Hmm. Was it cruel to tell beginners to decide right away?



"All right... then...how about a bow?"

"Bow? Me?"

"Yes. Lapis wants to protect Finne, right?"

"Yeah."

“In that case, I think a bow that allows you to move somewhat freely, would be good."

"Bow..."



 I said this without thinking about it, but it might be a good idea.

 Lapis seems to be more active with a bow.



"In terms of position, bows are of the 'middle guard' type. They are behind the front guard, but they often stand in front of the rear guard."

"I see……"

"When the enemy approaches the rear guard, you can react faster than the front guard. With this, you can fight while protecting Finne."

"Sure, that's good."

"Furthermore, in the unlikely event that the vanguard is defeated, you can temporarily replace it. It's a style that gives you a lot of freedom."

“……”



 After thinking for a while, Lapis turned to Finne.

 Then, as if she had made up her mind, she turned to me again.



"I've decided! I'll use a bow! With this, I can fight near Finne!" 

"Onee-chan……!"

"Okay, that's decided. Next... let's decide on the type of bow."

“Eh...there's more?"

"Yeah. There are two patterns for the bow. Let's decide on those as well."

“……”



 Lapis's smile hardens.



“I-I have to decide now…?”

"If possible, it's better to decide now."

“……”

"Don't worry. It'll be over soon."



 In the case of a bow, it is simple and easy to understand.

 At least compared to other weapons.



"Bows can be broadly divided into two types. One is the 'assault type'. It allows for rapid shooting but has slightly lower power. The other is the 'Sniper Type.' It has tremendous power but can't shoot rapidly. That's the idea."

"Which one is stronger?"

"Both have advantages and disadvantages, so I can't make a general statement. By the way, the weapons are different as well. Shall I show them to you?"

"Uh, yeah. I'd like to see it."

"Sure"



 I searched my inventory for a bow and took out two weapons.

 One is a regular size, the other is quite large.



"Here. Try holding them. This one is for the assault type."

"Is this a bow...?"



 Lapis holds the bow with an unfamiliar posture.

 But I feel like things are turning out surprisingly well.



“Should we try the Sniper Type bow too?"

"Oh, it's big..."

"It might be bigger than onee-chan..."



 The one for Sniper Type is quite large, almost as tall as Lapis.



"I can't carry something this big..."

“Then it has to be an assault type.”



 Therefore, we decided to use a bow (assault type) as Lapis' main weapon.



"The rest is a sub-weapon."

“T-there's more?"

"While the main weapon is a bow, it's good to have another as a backup."

“B-by the way, what do you recommend?”

"Well. I think the most orthodox one is the dagger."

“Then that’s it…”



 It felt like a throwaway, but...well, it's okay. This can be corrected later.



"Well, Lapis has been decided. Next is Finne."

"Y-yes."

"What weapon would you like?"

"Uh, umm..."



 Finne lost in thought.

 Then, Lapis next to her seemed to have thought of something and turned to face Finne.



“I think a cane would be better for Finne?”

"Cane..."

"That might be a good idea. The cane is suitable for the rear guard..... and they have abundant support skills."

“……”

“I think it would be perfect if you were to fight while following Lapis.”



 After thinking for a while, Finne turned to face forward with a determined expression.



"Okay. I'll use a cane."

"OK. Finne has decided on a cane system. So let's decide what type it will be."

"I see, there are choices..."

"Of course. There are various types in every weapon system."



 Lapis gazed with a weary expression

 but I continued without paying attention to her demeanor..



“However, the cane system is quite deep. Because you can do anything."

“Anything…?”

"That's right. The cane system has the most skills that can be learned. That means there are a wide variety of skills. But as soon as you learn this and that, your SP (Skill Points) quickly run out if you try to master everything. That's why it's important to decide now what style you're going to use."



 If you want to, you can use your cane to make vanguard-like movements, or you can use only attack skills without taking support skills, or you can move like a healer.

 The cane system harbors all these possibilities.

 That is the cane system.



“What type of person do you want to be, Finne?”

“Do I have to decide on this first as well?”

"If possible. If you learn all these skills without thinking about it, you'll end up just being a jack-of-all-trades. We want to avoid that."

“Uh, ummm…”



 Finne continues to ponder.

 I waited for a while, but couldn't seem to find an answer.



 Well, that's understandable.

 Cane-related skills can be troublesome even for experienced players.

 It's that complicated.



"I-I'm sorry. I can't think of anything right now..."

"I see. In that case, how about putting it on hold?"

“On hold…?”

"Yeah. Cane-related skills are seriously complicated. There's no correct answer to this. So, deliberately keep SP unused. This way, you can learn the skills when you have an idea of ​​the play style you want."

"I-I see..."

"I'll support you so you don't become a jack-of-all-trades. Is that okay?"

"Yes! I'll leave it to Zest-san!"

"Okay"



 It's finally decided.

 It took a while, but it was important.



"Lapis's main weapon is a bow, and her secondary weapon is a dagger. Finne's main weapon is a cane."

“Huh? Aren’t you going to decide on Finne’s sub?”

"As I said earlier, there are many skills to learn with the cane system. Cane don't have the luxury of acquiring skills from other systems. So Finne can manage with just a cane."

"I see..."



 The policy has been decided.

 The rest is just practice.





If you like my work please support me Ko-fi



Prev    TOC    Next

Comments

ads