ads

Chapter 177 Saint vs. Vampire

Clarisse POV



 While Marth was talking with Upiil, I briefly engaged Upiur and got away from everyone. I feel like Upiur was actively trying to separate himself from everyone. It was convenient for me as well, so I took the initiative to accept Upiur's invitation.




"Hey, girl. What's your name?"




 Upiur suddenly stopped attacking, took some distance, and started talking to me. I sheathed the Defender and switched to my magic bow and magic arrow.



"...Clarisse."




 When I answered my name, Upiur said,




"If you surrender now, I will make you my wife. You can bear my children."




 He made the worst proposal.




"Have you never seen your own face? Besides, I don't like people with bad breath or body odor."




 My true feelings came out.




"Then we'll have to force it... it's worth watching to see her beautiful face distorted."




 Upiur attacked while licking his lips. I kept my distance while talking to Upiur. so I used my magic bow to shoot several arrows from afar. 




 Upiur didn't dodge the first shot, but perhaps because the damage was more than expected, he tried to evade the subsequent shots.




 Ever since acquiring the title of [Bow King] the speed of my arrow shots had increased. I created a barrage of arrows, ensuring Upiur couldn't get close.




 However, I couldn't deliver a fatal blow to Upiur with my Magic Arrow. As expected, promoting HP recovery is very troublesome...




"Tch...I can't help it...I'm about to get serious!"




 When Upiur dutifully declares that he is serious, Upiur fires two flares and then attacks while hiding behind the flares. I wonder if vampires are one-of-a-kind...




"Ice wall”


"Ice wall”


"Ice wall”


"Ice fortress”




 I layered three Ice Walls and positioned myself inside an Ice Fortress, preparing for the upcoming impact. These Ice Walls had slightly reduced durability.




 The moment the two Flares hit the Ice Walls




"Boom!"




 A steam explosion occurred. Even through the Ice Fortress that covered me, I still can feel the atmosphere shaking through the air.




 Upiur seemed to have sustained considerable damage, but he had already begun to recover.




 Have you realized that you have no chance of winning in a long-distance battle? He forcibly approached me even though he had received a lot of damage from my Magic arrow.




 If I can win, this is the only way! In long-range combat, he will eventually recover.




 Before Upiur's hand could pierce me, I cast a spell slightly behind him.




"Holy!"




 For Holy, it takes a little while for the magic circle to form. Therefore, even if you cast Holy normally, there is a possibility that it will be dodged by Upiur. I definitely can't afford to miss. Even if I used my body as a decoy, I had to make sure it hit.




 Upiur didn't seem to notice the magic circle that had formed behind him, and instead attacked me with a lecherous grin, attempting to grab me.




 However, in the next moment, Upiur himself was blown a little along with his filthy arms by the barrier magic I had prepared in advance.




 And just as he was blown backwards, Holy hit him directly. A pillar of light surrounds Upiur.




“Ughhhhh!!!”




 Upiur's distressed voice can be heard from within the pillar of light. But I won't let my guard down.




 While Upiur was suffering, I took a back step and distanced myself from him.




 Barrier magic can repel most attacks, but its weakness is that it cannot be used repeatedly. There seemed to be a cooldown period.




 When the pillar of light caused by Holy disappeared, Upiur was standing in the light, clearly damaged.




 His body had shrunk slightly, and his HP recovery promotion doesn't seem to be working. His body size hasn't returned to normal, and the wounds from my magic arrow earlier have not healed. If the HP recovery promotion really wasn't working, I could finish him off.




 I didn't let my guard down, I readied my magic bow and was about to release it, I saw Marth coming from a distance.




 I was surprised to see Marth suddenly heading towards me, which made my hand slip slightly. A magic arrow aimed at his head shifted a little lower.... 




 The next moment, Upiur was chasing the object that was attached to him in a strange manner. (TN: oh nyooo)




 I had promised myself not to do this again...but sometimes you can't help it. Moreover, I absolutely had to ensure I had to kill Upiur. I don't want to see Marth in such a depressed state anymore.




"Holy!"




 After eliminating the object that Upiur was chasing so hard, I decided to finish him off.






 ☆☆☆





 I was worried about the explosion sound earlier, so I decided to head to Clarisse's place first.




 When I rushed over, the crowd was never there, and for some reason, Upiur was crying while holding his crotch. Upiur's fighting spirit had completely waned and he was in despair.




 It must have been frustrating to lose to a beautiful woman like Clarisse... Upiur's HP was 54/220, and the HP recovery promotion was not working.




"Are you okay! Clarisse!"




 When I ran up to Clarisse, she was also wary of Upiur.




"Yeah. It's okay. It's over now."




    She was about to cast a spell.




"Clarisse! I'll finish him! Please stay back!




 Even though it's a vampire, I didn't want her to be responsible for killing.




"No! I'll definitely do it! I won't let Marth be the only one to carry the burden alone!"




 In this world, there might not be talk of bearing a burden for killing Upiur. It's not a crime because it's self-defense.




 But Clarisse is actually a former Japanese person. She might understand it logically, but it wouldn't be easy for her emotionally... Still, Clarisse's eyes were serious.




"Okay...Clarisse...do it."




 When I said that, Clarisse chanted Holy on Upiur and Upiur disappeared. Tears were flowing from Clarisse's eyes and her body was shaking a little. I slowly hugged Clarisse from behind and headed to the next battlefield.




 In the battle between Ellie and Upiel, Ellie was pushing it a little. Their strength values ​​are almost equal, agility favored Ellie, and other stats favored Upiel. However, Ellie, who has an overwhelming advantage in terms of equipment, is gradually chipping away Upiel.




 It might be okay to just stand by and watch, but since we still don't know where Upior is, it's best to end this battle quickly.




"Ellie! I'll help you!"




 When I told Ellie, Ellie said




"...Yeah...please...if it's just me...it'll take a while."




 Ellie and I attack Upiel. Upiel is




"Coward! Fight fair and square!"




 He was screaming, but there was no way anyone would listen to such nonsense. When Ellie and I launch a fierce attack




"H-help me...I'll do anything!"




 He begged me desperately, so I sheathed my sword.




"Then answer my question! Where is Upior?"




 When I asked Upiel,




"I-I don't know...he just went somewhere and said I'd be back soon..."




 This somehow seems to be true... Well, Sofia also eavesdropped on something similar earlier.




“Then who was the vampire that attacked the area around Elhagan a few years ago? I think he had a wound somewhere on his body when he attacked back then?”




 I asked while looking at Upiel.




"It...maybe...it's Upior...he still has a cut on his face...he said he was cut with a magic sword and the cut won't go away..."




 It seemed like we could confirm this by looking at Upiel... I turned my back on Upiel. Then the future vision showed Upiel attacking me within a second.




 I immediately turned around and decapitated Upiel, who was about to attack me, and my level rose again.




 I killed two people today alone...I was scared that my hands were getting more and more covered in blood. But I couldn't let Clarisse find out.




 Desperately trying to remain calm, Clarisse, Ellie, and I quickly returned to everyone. The wall had already disappeared, and the surrounding goblins were no longer there.




"Everyone! Are you okay!? Didn't Upior come?"




 So much sound and light. I thought he would definitely notice if he was nearby...




"Ah. He haven't come...no suspicious bats flying either"




 When Baron answered, Dominique




"Hey... could it be that you've already defeated the vampires?"




 He asks with an expression that says, “No way.”




"Yeah. Me, Clarisse, and Ellie all trained a lot in the Almeria Labyrinth. Clarisse also defeated a vampire one on one."




 When I said this, all the members who remained here were surprised. And the person in question, Clarisse,




"Hey...Marth...I...I don't have a strange title, right...?"




 She asked fearfully. After all, does Clarisse feel guilty for killing Upiur?...  I used Appraisal to appraise...






[Name] Clarisse Lampard

[Title] Bow King/Saint

[Status] Human race, eldest daughter of Viscount Lampard family

[Condition] Good

[Age] 11 years old

[Level] 45

[HP]96/96

[MP] 1694/1694

[Strength] 69

[Agility] 70

[Magic power] 87

[dexterity] 84

[Durability] 69

[Luck] 20


[Unique ability] Barrier magic (Lv4/A)

[Special ability] Swordsmanship (Lv6/C)

[Special ability] Archery Lv (8/B)

[Special ability] Water magic (Lv6/D)

[Special ability] Wind magic (Lv4/F)

[Special ability] Holy magic (Lv8/A)


[Equipment] Defender

[Equipment] magic bow

[Equipment] Saint Robe

[Equipment] mysterious anklet

[Equipment] Disguise bracelet




 She didn't have any strange title. When I told Clarisse about this, she breathed a sigh of relief and said




"Good...I thought I wouldn't be able to marry you..."




 she says with a calm expression on her face.




"What are you talking about? Even if you earn the title of assassin, I will still marry you Clarisse."




 I said while I hugged Clarisse, she looked relieved that she didn't have a strange title.




"……Yes, thank you……"




 Clarisse also wrapped her arms around my waist. Clarisse was still trembling. Ideally, we'd want to stay like this forever, but it wasn't possible. I gently grabbed Clarisse's shoulder and pulled her away from me.




"Upior will come back here. However, since he hasn't come back even with the sound and light from earlier, he may not be nearby... Everyone please wait here. And if after an hour, Upior doesn't show, please return to Elhagan. I will go ahead and return to Elhagan while keeping an eye on the surrounding area.''




 If Clarisse and Ellie were there, they would definitely be able to defeat Upior. When I spoke with that in mind, Dominique




"Marth! Please take me with you! I'm knowledgeable about the geography of this area! Please!"




 He desperately begged me. If there are any suspicious spots along the way, it would be better to have someone knowledgeable about geography...




"Okay! Then Dominique and I will go first!"




 Before we left, I secretly told Ellie, Karen, and Misha:




"Clarisse has probably suffered a lot of mental damage. She must be feeling guilty and scared about killing vampires like me. I would like you to give her some subtle cheer."




 I asked them to follow Clarisse. Ideally, I should be with her right now, but this was an emergency. Clarisse will understand too.




 After leaving Clarisse in charge, Dominique and I left the area while keeping an eye on the surrounding area...



====================================================================



AN: Clarisse feels more guilty about killing than crashing.

However, she doesn't want Marth to realize that she crashed.

Clarisse thoroughly destroyed the evidence and then exterminated Upiur.





TN : if you found something wrong just let me know



If you like my work please support me Ko-fi



Prev    Toc    Next

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for the magnificent chapter

    -the emperor

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

ads