ads

Chapter 179 Hissu




“Hissu!!!”




 Pope hugs Hissu as he collapses. Blood was flowing from Hissu's mouth.




 Hissu's face was peaceful, but he no longer responded to the Pope's words...The Pope was still holding Hissu in his arms.




 Upior is still targeting the Pope. The Pope may be aware of Upior, but he keeps hugging Hissu.




 There was more than 50 meters from me to Upior...Before I could think about whether the wind would reach in time, my body autonomously released the wind.




 And even if I think I won't make it in time, me, supported by sylphid and the power of Thunder God robe, went to aim for Upior's head.




 However, someone's attack hit Upior before my wind could. It's Dominique.




 Dominique had somehow clenched the Clarent, who had been burned along with the Pope's hand, with both hands.




 The Pope's hand turned to ashes, but Clarent didn't have a single scratch. When Dominique slashed Upior's right arm, which only The Pope could see, Upior showed a different reaction from when he was slashed by Dominique and Hissu earlier.




“Gaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!”




 Earlier, Upior didn't show any signs of pain even though both of his arms were slashed earlier, but now he screamed and crouched down, holding the right arm cut by Dominique's Clarent.




 Probably because he was cut by Clarent. There should be enough MP left to regenerate one more time, but the part where Clarent cut him didn't regenerate. When he stands up, he attacks Dominique with a tremendous killing intent.




 I was already close enough to step between the two of them. And of course I wouldn't hesitate to join the fight. I tried to aim for Upior's neck with the Thundering Sword, but Dominique




"Marth! Just let me handle this one! This guy is my master's enemy! And Hissu's enemy!"




 ...I certainly understand what Dominique is saying. But, yes, I couldn't let my comrades be in danger just because of that.




"Understood! But please let me do this much!"




 I changed the target from Upior's neck to Upior's left arm, enchanted my thunder sword with lightning magic, and then slashed his left arm.




 I wanted to give Upior the status ailment of small electric shock in order to slow down the regeneration speed even a little.




 Then I stabbed Upior in the stomach, immobilizing him. My thunder sword continues to pierce Upior's stomach. Upior's HP was already in single digits.




“Stoppp!”




 Upior desperately resisted, but Dominique cut off Upior's head without saying a word. Dominique's eyes filled with tears.




 After confirming that Dominique had cut off Upior's head, I hurried to the Pope. The Pope had been crying, embracing Hissu. Hissu is already dead. Even holy magic can't heal it.




“Pope…please show me your right hand.”




 No matter what I say, the Pope is just drowning in sadness.




 So I put my high heal on Pope's right hand to stop the bleeding. Of course, the adventurers who were more than 50 meters away couldn't see it.




 I don't think it will be possible to cure the Pope's body part loss now. His right arm was destroyed by a flare and is now gone.




 However, if the level of holy magic increases, it might be possible to heal it. After all, vampires were able to regenerate, so there's a possibility for me too.




 As soon as I finished treating Pope's wound, I headed to Dominique. Even though Clarent was burned by the flare, it didn't have a single scratch, but it was still extremely hot, and Dominique was holding onto it the whole time.




 Dominique's flesh had already burned, making it impossible to separate Clarent from his hands.




 After separating Dominique from everyone, I treat him with high heals and water magic.




"That's so unreasonable..."




 I said this to Dominique while I treat him.




"...Thank you...Marth....I'm so frustrated...I..."




 Dominique didn't hide his tears. After treating Dominique's hand, he walks over to Pope and Hissu. Dominique called out to Pope a few times and they cried even more.




 Looking at the injuries of the other adventurers, they weren't that seriously injured, but large tears were falling from their eyes.




 Even though there were no physical injuries, all of them suffered great emotional scars. The adventurers who had been more than 50 meters away from us until just now came one after another to Pope, Hissu, and Dominique, and everyone cried together.




 There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with Seraph, just unconscious... Perhaps feeling relieved, tears welled up in my eyes, and unconsciously, I found myself in the midst of everyone, crying together.






April 3, 2031 19:00




 We all stayed outside even after dark. I just listened to the Pope and the adventurers having fun talking about Hissu.




 Then a lively group came towards us. It's Clarisse and the others.




 I'm sure everyone cheered Clarisse up. Clarisse seemed to have recovered a lot, but when she heard about Hissu's death, she burst into tears.




 It's not just Clarisse... it's all the [Akatsuki] who have returned here. When Clarisse and the others begin to cry, the Pope and the adventurers also begin to cry. Of course I am too.




 We all decided to report on various things tomorrow and entered the town of Elhagan. Hissu body was placed in the cathedral.




 After returning to the inn and taking a bath, everyone from [Reimei] and [Genesis] had a late meal, and at that table I told everyone about the battle with Upior earlier.




 Dominique remained silent all this time. He had been silent earlier, just standing beside the Pope. Clarisse also seemed lost in thought. In the heavy atmosphere, Misha muttered




“I wonder with this, will we no longer be attacked by vampires?"




 I replied




"According to Upiil, there are about 100 vampires...Maybe there will still be damage, but at least Dominique defeated the one who killed Dominique's master and also killed Hissu, so the damage might decrease."




 When I say




"But what will the adventurers in this town do now that Hissu dies? I felt like they were all united around Hissu, but... it would be cruel to rely on the Pope for everything... ”




 Everyone fell silent at Karen's words.




 In the end, when we were about to go back to our respective rooms with a heavy atmosphere, Ellie came up to me.




"...Marth... today... with Clarisse... together... okay?"




 Ellie asked.




"Sure... Shall we all sleep together tonight?"




 Ellie seemed relieved after hearing my words, and a flower bloomed on her dark face. Then another person came to my place...Alice.




“Umm...can I join you all today?”




 Alice asked in a rather loud voice, her face turning bright red.




"Huh...? What about Sophia?"




 I asked Alice




“Onee-chan... she said she would encourage Dominique today... so she told me to go to Marth-senpai...”




 ...Sophia is a nice person.




"Okay. Then, tonight, Alice, you can come. I'm going to explain the situation to Baron now."




 I went back to the room and explained it to Baron, and it was decided that Baron would also be spending time with Minerva.




 When I told Minerva, she looked a little happy and headed to the room where Baron was waiting with her large luggage.




 What kind of luggage is this...? As I thought about this, I noticed a bit of chains and ropes peeking out of the bag...let's just pretend I didn't see anything.




 When I went to the room where Clarisse and the others were, Alice was already there, so the six of us decided to talk. The six people are all members of [Reimei]. Misha was the first to open,




"If Clarisse was able to defeat a vampire, does that mean she's also an A-class adventurer? I've never heard of a party with two A-class adventurers..."




 Are you going to bring up that topic now? Then Karen chimed in as well.




"Well, this party is special... Normally, if you're as strong as Clarisse, you'll definitely leave the party."




 Say what's on your mind.




“Why would someone as strong as Clarisse leave the party?”




 In response to my question, Karen, somewhat exasperated, explained




"The party leader can decide the share of the quest rewards, right? Not only the quest rewards, but even if you happen to find a treasure chest in the labyrinth, the party leader can keep it all to themselves. So, when you get to a certain level of strength, you can leave the party and create a new one, and become the leader. I'm sure [Ice Emperor] will be recruiting new members soon.''




 If you ask me, the members of [Ice Emperor] and [Morning Star] weren't very strong. Hmm...my environment is too blessed...Alice, who was listening to this story, spoke to the women.




“Do senpai have any plans to leave [Reimei]?”




 I asked with trepidation




"Clarisse and Ellie probably won't leave, but I don't have any intention of leaving either. I like Marth, and above all, it's fun."




 When Misha said something unusually nice, Karen also




"As I said before, I'm going to stay with Marth even if father doesn't tell me, what about Alice?"




 Karen asked Alice a question.




“I have no intention of leaving either!”




 She said something that made me happy. When the atmosphere became a little brighter




"Marth. I'm tired today, so let's sleep."




 Clarisse said so, so we decided to go to sleep. Ellie decided where each of them would sleep.




 This room has two king size beds.




 Today it was me and Clarisse, and surprisingly, Alice was on the left. This surprised Karen, Misha, and Alice herself, but since it was Ellie's decision, no one objected.




 When we got into bed, Alice was very nervous.




"Alice...would you like someone to take your place today?"




"N-no! This is my first time, but thank you!"




 She said it with a trembling voice. I get nervous when someone says things like that.




 Alice's head rests on my arm pillow. I can feel the tension through my left arm. However, the good thing about this world is that no matter how nervous or excited you are, you can go to sleep once your MP is depleted.




"Marth-senpai...good night..."




 With that, Alice ran out of MP and immediately fell asleep. Before sleeping, Alice clung to me more than just saying she would hug me. Was it an expression of her determination not to let go?




 After confirming that Alice was asleep, I looked at Clarisse on the other side.




 Clarisse was also looking at me the whole time. And Clarisse hugged me pretty tightly too. Clarisse's body was trembling. I gently kissed Clarisse's trembling lips




"good night"




 Clarisse must have felt relieved after hearing my voice.




"good night"




 Clarisse replied in a cute voice, but tears were falling from her eyes.





TN : if you found something wrong just let me know


If you like my work please support me Ko-fi



Prev    Toc    Next

Comments

  1. Thank you for the grim chapter

    -the lovers

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like in a couple of places, you translated High Heals into high heels as in the shoes. Other than that it looks pretty good! Thanks again for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

ads