ads

Chapter 1 Okay, now I'll live my life the way I want. He's hated at this point anyway.

Vol 1 Garland Kingdom


Chapter 1 Alright, This Time I'll Live as I Please. I'm Already Hated at This Point Anyway.

========================================



"Of all people, it had to be Rex, the Support Magician... I really don't like the idea of ​​being reincarnated as a boss character who can't even defeat a slime."




 I reincarnated into the childhood of the villainous noble, Rex, who is destroyed in the game's tutorial.


 I realized this fact when I woke up on an unfamiliar ceiling.





 I'm a native Japanese, and until recently I was attending a drinking party as a company slave.


 And then, the bosses and bureaucrats would call me names like, "I don't know about your previous department, but you were too incompetent and disappointing," or "It's the end of the line for you to be in your twenties and have no girlfriend," and I would laugh amiably and stir up my drink.



 On the way home, I missed the stairs.


 It must have been my fault that I drank too much.




 I have no memory of what happened after that, but it seems like my soul was reincarnated in another world.


 And for some reason, now that I'm 10 years old, my consciousness has awakened.




 The above is how I, an unpopular Japanese company slave, was reincarnated in a different world that is very similar to the game.






"...Anyway, what a shitty life."




 In my previous life, I was treated as incompetent.


 My dignity as a man was trampled upon.




 To make matters worse, I could only awkwardly fake a smile when dealing with "enemies."


 The reason was simple: I didn't want to be hated.


 Even if I know that the other person is someone I don't like and there's little benefit to being with them.




 However, this kind of two-faced attitude was the cause of the "suffering'' in my previous life.


 I can analyze it calmly now.




 The change in my mindset might be influenced by being reincarnated as the villainous noble in the game.


 The consciousness undoubtedly belongs to "me," an unpopular, middle-aged, and ordinary company worker, but the memories of the Rex boy, who behaved arrogantly and domineeringly, also remain as a "fact."




"Alright, this time I'll live my life as I please. I'm hated at this point anyway."




 After searching through Rex's memories, I was able to better understand the current situation.




 Young Rex usually looks down on commoners and servants, saying things like, "I'm the next head of the family," or "I'm a human being chosen by God.".


 Then, to my stepsister (one of the heroines) who is the same age as me a year ago, I said, "I don't accept you as my sister!" and "The position of the next head of the family belongs to me, as the "Elite!" Forget about your previous house!", he told her harshly to make her realize her position.




 Due to these actions, he is severely scolded, especially by his father.


 However, the Rex boy keeps repeating the same thing over and over again, saying things like "I'm doing the right thing"




 ...Yeah, He's definitely hated.


 If that's the case, there's no need for me to smile amiably to avoid being hated like I did in my previous life.




 In a sense, being reincarnated as a villainous noble may have been a blessing in disguise.


 However, things are not that simple.




"But I was reincarnated as Rex...what should I do?"




<Support Magician> Rex is a character that appears in the RPG "Brave's Stigma: The Demon King of Darkness and the Sword of Light'', or ``BS'' for short.


 He confronts the player as the first boss in the school arc (tutorial).




 At the same time, he was loved by us players as a "joke character"and "the weakest boss in history."




 First, on the day of the entrance ceremony, Rex, in his position as the Duke's son, pesters the princess heroine (later the saint).


 The commoner protagonist (later the hero) warns him about this.


 Rex, who was furious, made full use of the caste within the school, which comes from his position as the "son of a duke" and the fact that he has  "powerful subordinate," to take advantage of the commoner protagonist.




 With this background in mind, the battle against Rex -- the first boss battle -- begins in the finals of the school tournament.




Rex, who has the vocation as a "support magician", brings nine of his subordinates and attacks the two-person party of the main character and the princess.


 As a leader, I keep my arms crossed while strengthening his subordinates with the main weapon of support magic and heals them with the sub-weapon of recovery magic.


 Well, up to this point, he's just a typical, unpleasant villain.




 However, there are two reasons why Rex was loved as a joke character.




 First of all, due to the characteristics of a "Support Magician", Rex himself cannot attack at all even though he is a boss, and as a result, he is weaker than his subordinates.


 And if he got attacked, he gave up his role as a support magician and used the elixir to heal himself.




 Rex, who calls himself "a genius magician chosen by God," made us players laugh by showing his small-mindedness.


 But Rex's clownish behavior doesn't stop there.




"In the game, he was destroyed in the early stages."




 After losing to the protagonists in a school tournament, Rex is lectured by the king, who was watching the match.


"A weak person who unjustly insults a commoner and then loses is disqualified as a nobleman of the kingdom.''




 In the end, he was expelled from the ducal family by order of the king and became a commoner.




"Well, unless you do something really bad, you won't be expelled. I guess I'll just quickly change classes and train as I like."




<Support Magician> certainly can't attack.


 However, once you raise your level and change your class to <Sage> or <Mentor>, black magic will be unlocked.




 According to Rex's memories, in this world where monsters are rampant, "power" is everything.


 As long as I have the power, I'm sure things will be better than my shitty previous life.




"First, let's check your level."




 However, no matter what I did, the status screen did not appear.


 Even when I shouted ``Status open!'' like in the light novels I used to read, and even when I flicked my finger in the space in front of me, nothing happened.




 After all, this is reality.


 It doesn't seem that easy.




"Um...if I don't know my level, how am I supposed to change classes...?"




 For now, should I just train hard every day and touch the special items until the class change is activated?


 As I was thinking about such stupid things, a shocking fact came to light.




 That is, the concept of  "class change" did not exist in Rex's mind.


 There was also no concept of "level" or "status".




 Rex is, after all, the son of a duke.


 Even though he should have received basic education, how could it be like this...?




"Is it a lie? Unlike the game, can't I change classes? Am I supposed to remain the weakest job for my entire life...?"


"──Master, have you awakened?"




 While I was muttering to myself, a maid entered the room.


 Apparently I didn't notice that someone had knocked.




 She tied her chestnut-brown, sunburnt long hair at a high position, making it a ponytail.


 Her body shape is extremely slender, including her chest.


 Coupled with the fact that she herself is expressionless, it creates a cool and intelligent atmosphere.




 Most importantly, she has long, sharp ears.


 She is a half-elf known for her long life.




“W-why is Louise here!?”




 Speaking of the half-elf Louise, she was supposed to be the "Frontier Sword God" who becomes a companion at the end of the story.


 Her occupation was probably not a maid.




"Even if you ask me 'why', I am your master's personal maid."




 Louise gives me a cold, expressionless look.




 However, Louise's current expression could be read as "nothing" to an almost complete extent.


 It's not surprising since she was such a cool character even after they became companion.




 Well, most likely, she's thinking, "What is this guy talking about?" and finding it absurd.




 ...Ah, now that I think about it, I just remembered.


 In the game, Louise worked as a maid for the Duke's family before moving to the frontier, that was hinted in the "support conversation."


 Still, I had no idea that Louise was Rex's personal maid.




“I guess you went crazy from the shock of being judged as a calling. Poor thing──”


"I'm sorry for being so distraught. It's okay now."




 For now, maids who can take care of such a scumbag noble are rare.


 According to young Rex's memories, most of his daily needs is taken care of by Louise, his personal maid.




 In order to continue to be well taken care of, I need to express my gratitude a bit.




"Thank you for always taking care of me. Also, I'm really sorry for being selfish until now."


"...I can't believe that my master has expressed his gratitude and apology. I'm so grateful, so happy, and so humbled."




 Well, I feel like Louise's reaction is a little too exaggerated.


 Well, that's probably the instructional policy of "let's praise and improve even if it's by force."




 As proof of that, Louise was expressionless, but her elf-like ears were twitching subtly.


 That's a good chance she is lying.




“I hope these positive changes will continue forever.”




 It doesn't look like she's happy, but...no, she's not.


 Louise in the game was a "completed and cool helper character" who appeared towards the end of the story.


 I shouldn't be fooled.




"──Right, Louise. There's something I'd like to ask you."


“Anything.”


"What should I do to promote from <Support Magician> to <Sage>?"


"I'm sorry, but your vocation will never change. If it changes, it will only change when you receive the stigmata of <Hero> or <Saint.> This is also written in the lore of the High Elves.''




 Hmm...it seems quite credible.


 With this, the scenario of "change class to <Sage> and be unrivaled with black magic" has completely collapsed.




 But I haven't given up yet.




 If the exclusive maid Louise in front of me is according to the game, she should have the vocation of <Sword Saint>.




As a <support magician>, I can't normally use weapon skills, and I can't even equip weapons in the game.


 However, if I learn swordsmanship from Louise, I should be able to fight to some extent.




“Louise, I have a favor to ask.”




 I bow to my servant Louise.




“I can’t believe my master bows his head…”


"I want you to teach me...the sword techniques of the Sword Saint."




 Louise seemed to remain expressionless at my words.




"...I'm just a maid. Please stop joking."




 But I didn't miss it.


 Her eyes flickered for just a moment.




 So I said this.




"I don't claim to know everything about you, but I understand some. After all, "God" told me about it."




 Well, it was the game that gave me the knowledge, not God.






TN : This is my new project guys, I hope you enjoy it. As usual if you find something wrong please just let me know I will fix it. Thanx

If you like my work please support me Ko-fi



TOC    Next


Comments

Post a Comment

ads