ads

Chapter 2 (side maid) Rex-sama is truly a human being chosen by God.

 



"I want you to teach me...the sword techniques of the Sword Saint."




 That arrogant and insolent master──Just when I thought Rex-sama had changed his mind and bowed his head, he started saying something outrageous.




 ...How does he know I'm a <Sword Saint>?




 My vocation is information that I only reveal to my employer, His Excellency the Duke.


 Of course, I keep it a secret from my colleagues, and whenever they ask me about my vocation, I always reply, "I'll leave it to your imagination."




 Why not make the information open?


 This was because the profession of "Maid" did not require the power of "Sword Saint'', and I thought it would be troublesome if my coworkers misunderstood me.


 I just changed my job from adventurer to servant because I wanted to know the feelings of the maid who served me in the past.




 Now, His Excellency the Duke is a bold man for a nobleman, but he is a man of his word and must be tight-lipped.


 To begin with, Rex-sama and His Excellency the Duke are not on good terms, and I don't think that His Excellency the Duke would go out of his way to break his promise to tell Rex-sama my true identity.




 That's why I had no choice but to answer this way.




"...I'm just a maid. Please stop joking."


"I understand you more than you think. After all, I was told by the 'God.'"




 God...is that the usual bluff?


 Rex-sama always thought of himself as special without any basis, saying, "I am a man chosen by God."


 This statement is the same...




 ...No, wait.


 Rex-sama's body is faintly similar to that of a high elf...or rather, does it contain an even clearer magical power?




 What does this mean?


 If my predictions are correct, Rex-sama will eventually surpass the High Elf King of the Fairy Kingdom.


 And he should be able to surpass heroes and saintesses.




 But Rex-sama is just a human, of course...




 However, even if Rex-sama was just a human and his statement that he was "told by God" was a bluff, it would still be impossible to explain why he guessed my vocation.


 I don't think it's a wild guess, or that he heard it from his father with whom he had a bad relationship.




 This is my loss...or rather, I can't bear to admit defeat since my true nature has been seen through to some extent.




 I will never accept defeat.


 As someone who carries the blood of the High Elf, I cannot afford to lose to a mere human.




"Yes, it's true that my vocation is <Sword Saint>. You've understood well."


"Then please, teach me the sword."


"But master is a <Support Magician>, right? A <Support Magician> doesn't need a sword. You'll get hurt, you know?"




The vocation of <support magician> is ridiculed as "a guy who can't even use a knife,'' and is treated as the ``weakest job.''


 Male <support magicians> in particular are criticized as "parasites who can't fight alone'' and "freeloader.''


 That's completely nonsense.




 However, Rex-sama, who calls himself "a man chosen by God,'' was assigned the weakest job, <Support Magician,> during a ceremony to determine his vocation.


 As a result, he was laughed at even by commoners whom he had been looking down on.




 I guess that made him feel unwell, leading to fainting and being bedridden for almost a week.




"First of all, let me say this, I am an advanced class and have the ultimate vocation of Sword Saint."




 The path of the sword is a thorny one.


 In order to prevent Rex-sama from living such a life, I purposely choose a strong tone.




“I don’t have a sword to teach someone like you, who can’t even use swordsmanship skills. I will protect you as my master's sword."


"I don't want that."




 Rex-sama was looking at me with the straightest gaze I had ever seen.


 I couldn't hide my confusion from that gaze.




"...You don't like being protected by me, a <Sword Saint>. Or is it because I'm a woman? Or because I'm a 'half-beast'---"


"I'm sorry for misunderstanding you. I just want to become stronger."


"I see. Understood. Let's start training right away."


"Really!? Thank you!"




 Rex-sama said that and smiled, expressing his joy.


 However, I apologize for seeming to deceive him, but I would like Rex-sama to give up on the sword.




 To be frank, Rex-sama, who is a support magician, has no talent with a sword -- it's obvious even without looking.


 That is my vocation - the gift bestowed by God, and it's the way the world works.




 I must never let Rex-sama die, because I taught him how to use the sword poorly.


 So, in my clumsy way, I will break Rex-sama's heart.




 Having made that decision, I took Rex-sama with me and headed to the courtyard of the mansion.


 There, I hands over a wooden sword and declares:




“If you can take one from me, I will continue to teach you how to use the sword tomorrow and the day after.”


"For me, the weakest job, to take one from a Sword Saint...it seems difficult, but if I can't do this, I won't be able to become strong."


"I won't use any swordsmanship skills. If you do it normally, you can win. It's okay."




 Well, it's not okay at all.


 Of course, my aim is to break his heart by saying, "Even though I'm going easy on you like this, you can't win. Maybe you have no talent?"




 It really hurts my heart to deceiving Rex-sama, but as expected, I cannot allow him to put his life in danger.


 I will listen to your usual selfishness as much as you want, but this one thing is absolutely non-negotiable.




"Now, please come at me from anywhere."


"Uwaaaaa!"




 Rex-sama's feet are slow.


 Of course, he's still a 10-year-old.




 And <Support Magician> has weaker physical ability enhancement than other vocations, and can't use any weapon skills or black magic.


 This is the reason why it is ridiculed as the "weakest job''.




“Ah, right!”


“Not yet.”




 I counter all of Rex-sama's clumsy "sword techniques" with my wooden sword.


 And from my side, I deliberately refrain from attacking.




 If you are the usual Rex-sama, he would interpret this as an "insult" and scold me like a raging fire.


 Then, he would say something like, "I really don't want to use the sword. Damn it!'' and slam the wooden sword into the ground, giving up on the fight.




 Moreover, for better or worse, the servants and knights of the duke's family showed off their playful spirit and came to watch our training.


 The servants, with their degrading smiles, were openly ridiculing the son of their master, saying things like, "Even though you're just a small fry, having a sword is meaningless," and "It's pathetic that a sword would be deflected by a maid," thoroughly making fun of him.




 No matter how much I want to get revenge on Rex-sama, it is completely unreasonable for me to go out of my way to pick a fight and lower my dignity.




 It's foolish, but if Rex-sama gives up after this, then that's fine...that's what I thought.


 However……




"Huh... it's fun just swinging the sword like this. It's perfect for relieving stress."




 Rex-sama said that with a calm expression.




"But as it is now, I'll never be able to take a single shot from Louise. What should I do to win..."




 That's the spirit, keep up the good work──


 Wait, why am I cheering for him?


 Am I overlaying my past self with him?




When I was a child, I was looked down upon by pure-blooded elves as a "half-beast who couldn't even use elementary magic.''


 A monster possessed by a sword - the person who was feared as a "sword demon" when I was an adventurer.




 You have no talent---that's what I wanted to say to Rex-sama.


 But for some reason, those words just couldn't come out.




 Say, "You have no talent.''


 Why can't I say it?




"He"




 Rex-sama's movements became visibly faster.


 No way, no, it shouldn't be like that──




"It's unheard of for someone to cast support magic on themselves. To be able to accomplish a feat that even saints, high elves, and demon lords have never accomplished before, right after being given a vocation... is truly the work of God."




 Naturally, the word "God" slipped out.


 I was surprised too, but that surprise soon disappeared and I found myself feeling strangely at ease with it.




“...Certainly, it was impossible due to the system, but I never thought it would be like that “here” either.”




 After saying something incomprehensible, Rex-sama suddenly became distraught and said, ``Oh, forget what I just said!...I have to be careful from now on.''


 She is a completely strange person.




 ...Alright, let's change our strategy.




“Master, do you remember that I have not launched any attacks until now?”


"Oh, of course."


"I will now attack the master with a wooden sword. I will not use any swordsmanship skills, but please be careful not to injure yourself."




 In order to crush Rex-sama's body and mind, I swing the wooden sword upwards.


 However──




 Kang!




 Rex-sama blocked my attack with no wasted movements.


 Even though I wasn't being serious, this was surprising.




 After that, I swung the wooden sword over and over again towards Rex-sama.


 Each time, he effortlessly blocked with the wooden sword, and I was even unable to inflict even a single scratch on Rex-sama.




 ...I never expected Rex-sama to imitate my "defensive sword technique".


 Didn't I deliberately block Rex-sama's "attack" with a wooden sword earlier?




"You did a great job. It's not always possible to perfectly reproduce a technique you've only seen once."


"Is that so? I just copied it, I didn't do much."


“If everyone could imitate the technique at once, I don’t think there would be a need for a master.”


“Huh, that’s true too… Nah!”




 Rex-sama powerfully repels my horizontal swing with his wooden sword.


 Then...




 Bakki!




 Surprisingly, only my wooden sword broke.


 Maybe it was "enhancing" the weapon... It was so accurate that it was hard to believe that he had just been given a vocation.




 Moreover, the sharpness of the sword, it's equivalent to or better than the swordsmanship skills used by <swordsmen>.


 He was such an amateur until recently, but his growth was too fast.




 This is the first time I've ever met such an interesting man.




"Ugh---"




 ──Being careless and captivated by the "enemy" in front of me was a mistake.


 The tip of Rex-sama's wooden sword was hitting my left side.




"...You did a great job. Master wins this battle."




 I'm half high elf and half human...I'm a "sword demon'' who has never lost.


 Even though it was a major mistake, I lost in swordsmanship to a mere human support magician.




 But strangely, I didn't get angry.


 The joy of discovering a "monster'' who would surpass me in the near future was greater than having my small pride crumble to shreds.




 Rex-sama always said, "I am a human being chosen by God.''


 I thought with a smile that it was childish, but maybe I wasn't wrong.




 ...No, Rex-sama is truly a human being chosen by God.


 Perhaps he is the only incarnation of God.




 Otherwise, it would have been impossible for me to have guessed my vacation, to have used support magic on himself, and to have imitated a sword technique I had only seen once.




 Suddenly, I felt a terrifying sense of awe, and unconsciously, I was on both knees, pressing my forehead against the ground.




"I am truly sorry, Master. I have been disrespectful to you. Please give me divine punishment."


"eh……"




 From the sound of Rex-sama's voice, I could tell that he was very confused.






TN: Happy late new year guys and Merry Christmas, sorry its late, sorry i cant update because my laptop start to acting out, hope you get a great life this year


If you like my work please support me Ko-fi



Back    TOC    Next

Comments

ads