ads

Chapter 19 Heavy boar hunting




"Yay! My level has risen!"


"me too!"


"Oh, congratulations. You've both got stronger again."




 After hunting some horn rabbits in the grassland, the sisters were happy to level up.


 With this, both of us have reached level 5.




"Hmm. You've reached level 5. Then I guess it's about time."


“What are you talking about?”


"I thought it was just right.Today marks our graduation from hunting Horn Rabbits."


"Oh, it's finally over..."


"A-are you okay?"


"I'm fine. I've gotten used to it after hunting so much that it feels like it'll appear in my dreams."


"Ahaha..."




 Now. Which one should we choose next?


 Hunter Wolf would be fine, but...hmm...


 Ah, that's right.




"Then why don't we go to the forest?"


"Forest? That forest is a little far away?"


"Yep. There should be a monster over there that would be perfect for you guys right now."


"Hmph! With us now, I don't feel like losing! Come quickly!"


"Well, there are some boss-level strong guys wandering around as well. Some of them require about level 20 to defeat."


""Eh...?""




 The smiles on both of their faces harden.


 As expected of sisters. Their facial expressions are similar.




"Don't worry. I'm with you. I'll do something."


"But it's strong, right? Are you sure it's okay?"


"It's okay because we rarely meet each other. In fact, we'd be lucky if we did."


“I don’t need that kind of luck!”


"For now, I'm heading to the forest. I want to get home before the sun sets."


"I-I wonder if it's okay..."




 Despite their anxiety, they proceeded into the forest without further ado.





"We've arrived..."




 Arrived safely in the forest.


 This is the place I visited when I was at the orphanage.




"Then let's look for monsters. Unlike the grassland earlier, visibility is poor. Be careful of your surroundings."


“Now that I think about it, I haven’t asked you what kind of monster it is.”


"Oh, that's right. We're looking for something called a baby boar. It's about three times as big as a horn rabbit, so I think we'll be able to find it easily."


"Okay. Let's find it together."


"Yeah"




 Then it was a few minutes into the forest.


 I spotted a monster a little far away.




"...There it is. That one in the distance is a baby boar."


"Huh? There are two of them, right?"


“Also, the sizes are different...”




 An even bigger monster is standing right next to the baby boar.


 This might be lucky.




"It looks like a parent and child are coming together. The smaller one is a baby boar. The larger one is an adult...'Heavy Boar.'"


"W-wait, I've never heard of it being that big...!?"


"It seems like it's about 10 times more common than Horn Rabbit..."




 A baby boar is about the size of a small motorcycle, while a heavy boar is as large as a light car.


 When the two were lined up, their size was obvious.




"I'll take on the big one. You guys take down the little one."


“W-wait, you mean you're going to fight something that big!?”


“Isn’t it unreasonable no matter what?”


"It's okay. Who do you think I am? I won't lose to that level."


"B-but..."




 she looked like she wanted to say something, but I ignored her and stepped forward.




"Okay, let's do it. I'll attract the big one first. you'll use that opportunity to defeat the baby boar. Okay?"


"Eh……"


"Finne. Let's believe in Zest. We just have to do what we can."


"...Yeah. That's right. Then please!"


"Sure"




 As soon as the conversation ends, I start running.


 Naturally, the target is the heavy boar.




"let's go!"


"...!?"




 I closed in and attacked simultaneously. My fist plunged into the Heavy Boar's body.




“Grrooaaarr!”


"Come here!"




 As soon as I backed away, the Heavy Boar glared at me. It seemed to have directed its hate towards me.




"What's wrong? Come on!"


“Grooarr!!”




 The Heavy Boar charges towards me.


 After avoiding it, i looked at the sisters who were at a distance.




"Hey!"




 Lapis shoots an arrow at the remaining baby boar. Then, the arrow seemed to have hit the spot.


 However, in response to this, Baby Boar's hatred seems to have turned towards Lapis.




“Let’s go, Finne!”


"Yeah!"




 The two people started moving.


 I decided to watch the situation while avoiding Heavy Boar's attack.




"Hey...this guy is fast!"


"Hyaa!"




 Baby Boar charges towards Lapis, but she narrowly avoids it.




“O-onee-chan!”


"It's okay! I'll attract it, so Finne will support me with your skills!"


"Okay!"




 While avoiding it, Lapis grabs her bow and shoots at Baby Boar.




"Damn...Take this!"




 She shot an arrow that hit the mark perfectly.




"Gyaaah!"


"Oh, we did it!"




 However, Baby Boar quickly regained its balance and charged towards Lapis again.




"Well, are you still alive!? You're so persistent !"




 Lapis immediately prepares an arrow and shoots, but... it is dodged.




"Huh!?"




 It's rapidly closing the distance and coming towards Lapis.


 In that state, It'll probably reach it before you can replenish your arrows and aim.


 Lapis must have noticed that too.




"...I got it! Eat it! Magic Arrow!"




 That is a skill that allows you to shoot an arrow without loading it.


 The arrow created by the skill appeared instantly and was quickly released.




"Gyaaah...!"




 It hit squarely, and the Baby Boar rolled on the ground.




"...Let's go! 《Fire Arrow》!"




 Finne took advantage of that opportunity and unleashed her skill. There were five fiery arrows, and they all hit. I guess she was always looking for an opportunity to charge.


 Baby Boar fell to the ground and never got up.




"Oh, we did it! we defeated it!"


"Yeah! You did it, onee-chan!"


"Thanks to Finne! You did great!"


"Onee-chan stop it from moving. That's why it was easy to hit. It's all thanks to onee-chan ."


"Nice job. You've done well for your first time."


"I-I see? Ehehe... Ah! Zest is in danger!"




 I watched the scene while avoiding the Heavy Boar's charge.




"Oops. Okay, let's finish this one too. Come at me."




 Heavy Boar charged towards me at full speed.


 But I had no intention of avoiding it.


 Put pressure on your legs and press on, preparing to attack.




 And the moment it hits me - the skill activates.




"《Shoryuken》! ! ” (TN : refer to Street fighter i think)


"Huh!?"




 The skill hit cleanly, and the Heavy Boar was blown away by the impact.


 It struggled for a while, but then stopped moving.




"All right. That's the end of that."


""…………""


"Hmm? What's wrong? Both of you look like you've just seen something impossible."




 They're weird. They were happy just a moment ago, but now they have become quiet.




"...Ah, yeah. There's definitely no need to worry..."


"Wow, that's amazing..."


"Well, I'm not weak enough to struggle like this."




 It looks like we were able to defeat it safely.


 There doesn't seem to be any problem, so I guess it's okay to continue.




 That was the moment I was about to start walking.




 Rumble…………………………




"...Huh? Earthquake?"




 Rumble……………………




"It looks like the ground is shaking...?"




 Rumble………………




“What, isn’t it getting bigger and bigger?”




 Rumble…………




“Oh, onee-chan!”




 Rumble...




"!!W-what is that!?"


"Huh?"




 Rumble!




"Huh!? Hey, are you serious..."




 There was an object approaching from a distance, knocking down trees.


 That one...It was surprisingly large even from a distance, and the Heavy Boar I defeated looked like a child.




"I never thought I'd actually encounter it..."


"Hey, hey! What is that?!"


“I-I've never seen a monster that big before!?"


"That's what I was talking about."




 That one looked almost exactly like the Heavy Boar.


 The difference is, it's unbelievably huge.




 Its true identity was—




"That's the mutated species of the heavy boar---'Great Boa.'"




“Booooooooooo"





TN : if you found something wrong just let me know


 If you like my work please consider support me Ko-fi



Prev    TOC    Next

Comments

Post a Comment

ads