ads

Chapter 20 Mutant species




 Some monsters have types called "mutant species."


 Mutant are larger than normal and have higher stats. In particular, it is not uncommon for HP to be more than three times higher.


 Such monsters are called rare monsters.




 A rare monster or commonly known as Raremon, the Great Boar was glaring at us right now.




"Ru-run away! We can't win against something like that!"


"Aww..."


"Finne! Stay strong! If you don't run away quickly, you'll be killed!"


"...! Y-Yeah! Zest-san, hurry up!"




 The two of them were about to run to escape.


 But――




"What are you talking about? I'm going to beat it."


“Wha.... whaaaaaaaaat,?!”


"I was able to come across it. It's hard to find raremons. It would be a waste if I didn't defeat it."


“Oh, that’s not the problem!?”


"Let's run away! It's impossible for something that big!"




 Great boas have a great visual impact.


 The two fangs in particular are quite large, making it look like it's holding a giant spear.


 The heavy boar, which is about the same size as a light car, looks cute in comparison.


 It is now the same size as a large dump truck. It is fitting to be called the lord of the forest.




"It's okay. The movements of the Great Boar are similar to the Heavy Boar. I'm sure things will work out."


"Impossible, impossible, impossible, impossible! It's impossible! No matter how I think about it, I don't think we can defeat it!"


"That's right! No matter how unreasonable you are, Zest-san! Please reconsider!"


"Hmmm"




 They cling to me,and desperately tries to persuade me.


 But I had no intention of giving up.




“Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"


"Hiiiiiiiiiiiii!?"




 The surrounding area trembles with the Great Boar's roar.


 It's really intimidating when you confront it like this.




"Looks like it's motivated too, right? I'll do something about it. For now, let's just fight."


"Ugh... why did this happen..."




 It may be too stimulating for the two of them, but it's also a good experience.


 A monster of that level will appear someday anyway.




"W-what should I do..."


"...I can't help it. Then I'll do it! Just do it!"


"Onee-chan!? Are you really going to fight!?"


"Because Zest is so motivated! I can't help it! If this happens, I'll do it!"


"Y-yeah..."




 Yeah, yeah. It seems like they're getting motivated, which is good.




"Then I asked. I'll go to the front so please support me."


"O-okay!"


"I'm scared but... I'll do my best!"




 Lapis holds her bow and fires an arrow at Great Boar.




"Hyah!!"




 The arrow seemed to hit the torso...or so it seemed.




"Wha... no way... it deflected it!?"




 The arrow hit him in the torso, but the arrow was deflected and didn't pierce through.




"Well then, with my skill...! 《Fire Arrow》!"




 Finne's skill was activated and a fire arrow was fired.


 However, the Great Boar deftly moved its head and snuffed out the fiery arrow with its fangs.




"Huh!? Th-this can't be... My skill was easily..."


"It's impossible after all! Our attacks won't work! Let's run away!"


"We can't win! Zest-san should come here quickly...!"


"Hmm. I guess your level wasn't as good as expected."




 Originally, I wanted someone around level 30.


 The two of them are still level 5, and their stats and weapon performance seem to be lacking.




"Let's quickly run away!"


“Zest-san!”


"Then I'll fight by myself. You guys hide there."


“Wha-wait!"




 Before they could stop me, I started running.


 The Great Boar glares at me and moves its head to attack.




"Too slow!"




 I avoided its attack, then closed in and attacked with a left straight punch.




"Take this!"




 However, my fist didn't get through and was deflected.




“Damn it!”




 Its defense power is so high that normal attacks can't get through? It felt like hitting a tire.


 Raremons have high stats.


 It must be tough for me now.




"Th-this is hopeless after all! Let's just run away!"


"That's right! If this continues, Zest-san will..."




 Hmm. A normal attack won't do any damage.


 It can not be helped. Should I use that?




 Facing its body again and I placed both hands on it.


 and then--




“How about this internal power release 《Hakkei》! ! ”


"Huh!?"




 A shock ran through the Great Boar's body, causing it to shake slightly.




“Uh, lie… it’s working!?”


"Incredible……"




 Hakkei is one of the fighting style skills.


 Its power isn't exceptionally high.


 However, it has a certain effect.




"Hakkei is a skill that ignores defense. No matter how thick its armor, it doesn't matter. If it hits, damage will almost certainly get through."


"I-I see. You have a skill like that..."




 Great Boar probably doesn't understand what happened. But it should understand that I did something.


 If that's the case, the hate will probably be directed towards me.



“Boooooooooooooooo!”




 It turned its head towards me and moved to attack with its fangs.




“Oops, that’s dangerous.”




 I dodged it and closed in on its body again.




“Let’s go! 《Hakkei》!!”


"Huh!?"




 When I attacked with a skill, its balance slightly collapsed.


 However, it quickly regained its posture and attacked me.


 After dodging that, I approached again and struck with Hakkei.




"Tsk. You're stubborn."




 However, it doesn't seem to be a fatal blow, and there was no sign of him falling down.


 Raremons have high HP. It seems like it would be quite a challenge to wear it down with just Hakkei alone.


 At this rate, it's uncertain how things will turn out.




 In that case—




“W-what are you doing!? You'll be thrown off!"




 I decided to cling to its body and climb up the Great Boar.


 From there, it reaches the head area while clinging to its fur.




“How about this – Heavenly Impact 《Ten Shinto Tooru》!!”




 I aimed the skill directly at its head.


 Then...




“…booo....oooo…”




 The Great Boar begins to sway.


 It continues to move forward a little, but after a while it stops and falls to the side.




"Y-you defeat it...?"


"I can't believe it……"


“No, not yet. That was just a stunning skill, so it's still alive."




 Right. That skill was just to stun the opponent.


 Even if we fought each other normally, it would likely take until nightfall to defeat it.


 That's why I decided to let it rest peacefully for now.



"Let's finish it off quickly. You two, help me."


"A-are you sure about this?"


"We'll do it before it wakes up. Hurry up and help."


"Y-yeah……"




 I handed the two of them knives with good performance and we decided to end the Great Boar's life before it woke up.






TN : if you found something wrong just let me know


 If you like my work please consider support me Ko-fi



Prev    TOC    Next

Comments

ads