ads

Chapter 4 From now on, I want to get along like real siblings




“Like Rex-sama, I also want to have the courage and kindness to get angry for the sake of others...!”




 My personal maid Louise was being ridiculed by her colleagues, so I gave them a word of warning.


 The person who encouraged me was my 10-year-old step sister Anna, who is the same age as me.




 However, Anna was quite timid towards me and had a stiff smile on her face.




 There is a legitimate and compelling reason why Anna is so nervous.


 That's because she was always receiving excessive scolding from Rex boy...in other words, from me.




 Anna, who is my father's niece, became an adopted child of this ducal family a year ago and became second in line of succession to the title.


 By the way, the first place is, of course, the legitimate son, Rex.


 However, Rex, a boy who called himself "chosen one by God," seemed displeased with this development.




 Every now and then, he calls out to Anna, saying things like, "I don't accept you as my sister!" "The position of the next head of the family belongs to me, the "senior!"", "Forget about your previous family!", "Just because your father was great doesn't mean everything is forgiven!", he yelled.


 And in order to make his position clearer, he would leave the servants behind and have her do things like chores without any hesitation.


 When Anna made a mistake, he scolded her, saying, "You idiot!'' Even when she was following orders accurately, he scolded her, saying, "If you can only do what you're told, you won't survive in the future!"




 In short, to Anna, I am her power-harassed boss.


 Still, despite all this, she spoke to me and praised me.


"I" wanted to be friends with Anna.




 Well, I don't want to scare her, so I probably won't talk to her much.




"R-Rex-sama...did I say something rude again?"




 For now, let's respond to Anna's compliment.




"No, that's not true! I didn't mean it like that."


"Thank you for the compliment, Anna. It made me really happy."


"What... Rex-sama said 'Thank you'... and called me by my name...? Eh, it's not a dream, is it?"




 Anna pinches her cheek and murmurs, "Ouch"


 It's kind of adorable.




"I-I'm sorry! I was just so happy...! ──Thank you for calling me by my name for the first time!"


"I didn't do much."


"That's not true! I mean, all I hear is 'hey' or 'you,' or 'you damn'......oh, it's nothing! Anyway, thank you! I'm so happy!"




 Her fake smile from earlier seemed to be a lie and replaced with a genuine smile.




 Hmmm? Maybe this relationship can be repaired fairly quickly?


 After all, Anna, you want to be friends with me, don't you?




"--By the way, Anna, I'm sorry for being so harsh on you before."


"Eh... uh what...?"


"I was wrong. It might sound too lenient, but I want us to get along like real siblings from now on. No need for honorifics."


"Uh, uh..."




 Oh, wait?


 Anna looks like she's getting teary-eyed.




 Maybe it was my misunderstanding that Anna seemed to want to get along?


 This is no different from when I was a student in my previous life, when I used to say things like, "Oh, that girl greeted me. How nice."




"Is it really okay...?"


"...!?"




 What, were you crying with joy?




"Ah, ah. You may not believe me right away, but I'll be kind to Anna from now on."


“Uh, waaaaaaaaan!”


“Whoa!?”




 Suddenly, Anna hugged me.


 Even though I have the body of a 10-year-old, I have the insides of a non-popular teenager, so it's a problem.




 Ah, my clothes are soaked with tears.


 I don't feel bad though.




"Thank you... Thank you so much, Rex-kun!"


"Um..."


"It's like a dream that a day like this will come...! Let's be friends forever...!"




 Her way of closing the distance feels a bit unusual.


 Although I'm a 10-year-old, I'm a man, and I'm related to her by blood.cousins ​​and sisters. 




 I'm worried that someday she'll be deceived by a bad guy.




 In fact, in the game's academy arc, Anna reluctantly served as the henchman of the villainous noble, Rex.


 Although it was good because the main character helped her.




"I never thought the day would come when, Master would apologize to Anna."




 Louise, my personal maid who was standing nearby, said.




"This Louise. I am happy for your master's spiritual growth. I also pray from the bottom of my heart that you and Anna will become true siblings from now on."




 Louise's expression is as poor as ever.


 But her voice sounded a bit softer, or at least that's how it seemed.




"Now Louise, let's resume training."


"Understood... Or so I'd like to say, but it seems Miss Anna has a question for you, Master."


"Um. I don't want you to misunderstand that I'm just curious, but why is Rex-kun training with a sword even though he's a <support magician>...?"




 Anna asked the question in a timid manner, choosing her words carefully.


I wanted to laugh it off and say, "You don't have to be so nervous~", but even if you say that with Rex's boy's face, there's zero persuasive power.




 But I'm really happy that Anna is interested in me.




"Because I want to become stronger."


"Want to become strong……"


"In this world full of monsters, 'power' is important. If you're strong, you can protect yourself and what's important to you, and you can be free. Plus, as a mercenary, you can earn money, so you won't have to worry about going hungry. That's why I want to become strong."


"I see... Rex-kun has thought about that much. You're amazing, unlike me, who's a scaredy-cat even though I'm an 'Guardian.' Truly."



 Anna has been in a senior vocation <guardian> from the beginning...?


 The initial class in the game was <Heavy Warrior,> and from there you could change class to <Guardian> or <Pastor Knight>.''




 ...Ah, aaaaaaah! I remembered!


 Rex boy, no, I collapsed last time because of the vocation judgment I made the other day!


 Commoners told me things like, "Even though my sister is an advanced class, I'm just a weakling!" and "Despite making fun of others so much, I'm nothing but a trash guy below a slime" shocked me so much that I fainted!




 It seems that being ridiculed by commoners for judging his calling was quite a trauma for young Rex, and it has been erased from his memory until now.


 And now, the "regrettable" and "unforgivable" feelings that the Rex boy felt at that time have shaken me.


 Just a little bit.




"Ugh, I have to do my best too..."




 But still, Anna hates fighting.


 But it's certainly not surprising, just from looking at the game's depiction.




 In the game, she was only reluctantly forced to fight at the behest of his older brother, the villainous nobleman Rex.


 Even after I became a friend of the game's main character, I felt like I was going to protect the main character who saved me.




"Anna, you don't have to fight if you don't want to, okay?"


"eh……?"


"I think it's better to live the life you want without worrying about other people. It's difficult, though."




 In my past life, I was just looking at other people's complexions and couldn't do anything.


 The result is the triple hardship of being unpopular, working for a black company, and being poor.


 Until I died and was reincarnated, I could not escape from this loser life.




"I don't know what Anna is thinking. But if you're thinking things like 'I have to fight because I'm an advanced class' or 'for everyone's sake' or 'to meet the expectations of my father and lord,' then wouldn't it be better to be more honest with your own feelings?"


"... Rex-kun, you're really amazing... Yeah, thank you. I feel better now."




 Anna took a deep breath and said, "Oh..."


 I'm glad she's feeling relieved.



"I still don't really feel like fighting, but I want to increase my motivation even a little, so maybe I can watch Rex-kun's training...?"


"Of course. Just having people supporting me gives me motivation."


“Ehehe, thank you!”


"Come on Louise, let's get started."


“As you wish—"


"Oh, little boy, let's 'train' with me from now on?"




 The person who suddenly appeared and interrupted our conversation was a commoner-born soldier who had recently joined the Duke's family.


 If I remember correctly, his name was Dan.




 ...Hmm, is he planning to beat me up under the pretext of training?


 Well, for now, I'll listen to what he has to say.






TN : if you found something wrong just let me know


 If you like my work please consider support me Ko-fi



Back    TOC    Next

Comments

ads