ads

Chapter 5 Well, now I don't know who's doing the training.




"What benefits will I gain from training with you?"




 I asked Dan, a soldier who had approached me for training with a grin on his face.


 Then, he laughed out loud.




“Hah, you won’t understand unless I tell you!”


"I won't know until you tell me, because I'm an idiot. So, when are you going to answer my questions?"


"Tch, you're so relaxed...I thought that you might improve better if you trained with me, a swordsman, rather than learning how to use a sword from that creepy-looking maid over there! Got it?!"




 This is not going well at all.




 After all, the vocation of Maid Louise, who taught me the sword, is <Sword Saint>.''


Unless something bad happens at the level of <Swordsman>, Louise will probably win by a landslide.




 Or rather, didn't you see the training with Louise earlier?




"You're talking big without even knowing Louise's skill. Honestly, your recklessness is something to be admired."


"W-what? Are you saying I'm mediocre?"


"I don't mind if you take it that way."


"Hey! ──Okay, hurry up and give the signal to start training, you idiot. If I attack you without permission, I'll be the one punished, you know."




 To Japanese people, when a commoner from the medieval European world takes a disrespectful attitude towards an aristocratic son, at first glance it seems like it could be considered lese majeste.




 However, according to young Rex's knowledge, lese majeste had been "abolished'' in the Garland Kingdom surprisingly about a hundred years ago.


 The reason was said to be to restore the health of the kingdom, which was riddled with corruption and human rights violations at the time.




 Anyway, the reason Dan, a common soldier, is hassling me is not much different from some Japanese people who criticize and ridicule famous people or politicians.




 That's why I'll let Dan's behavior slide. Although I'll make him regret picking a fight with me.




"Okay, let's start training. The first one who surrenders first loses, got it?"


“Bring it on!"




 Dan drew a wooden sword from his scabbard and violently threw a horizontal attack.




 Hmm, that's pretty fast.


 As expected, it's a swordsmanship skill called 〈Flash〉.


 In the game, it is an intermediate skill that cannot be learned by anyone other than a <Swordsman>.



 However, I block it with my wooden sword.




“What do you think, this is the swordsmanship skill <Flash>! You, the weakest job, won't be able to take this swift swing---huh, why did you manage to block my attack even though you are the weakest job who can't even use a knife properly!''


"It's true that your blows are fast. I admit that. But can you imagine how fast Louise's sword was?"


"W-what are you talking about?"


"She was much faster than you, who rely solely on sword skills. She didn't even need to use any skills."


"Uh, don't lie...!"




 After that, Dan uses his swordsmanship skills to attack me.


 However, I deflected all of them with my wooden sword and parried his attacks.




"Argh! Shit! Why can't I hit you!"


“Now it’s my turn.”




 I prepare my magically strengthened wooden sword, cast a magic spell on myself that strengthens my body, and slash at it diagonally from below.


 This attack was something that Louise, who was in her best condition, could easily block.




 But...




“Gha!”




 The tip of the wooden sword made a clean hit on Dan's left side.


 Dan didn't seem to notice my attack and didn't take any defensive stance.




“Y-you’re too fast...why can you use swordsmanship skills even though you’re the weakest job and a magician...”


“On the other hand, I have to ask, why did you get the illusion that I, as a support magician, was using swordsmanship skills?”


"Dammit...! Don't underestimate me with that smart mouth of yours!"


"That's mutual. In fact, you should be grateful for my generosity."


"Take this!"



 Dan's downward slash.


 It's probably the swordsmanship skill <Heavy Strike>.




"Good grief, it's hard to tell who's training who at this rate."




 I blocked Dan's <Heavy Strike> with my reinforced wooden sword──




 Crack!




"Oh, that's a lie!"


"Surrender"




 After breaking Dan's wooden sword, I aimed a thrust at his Adam's apple.


 Of course, I've taken precautions, so there shouldn't be any injuries.




 Dan's face turned red with anger, and his body trembled.




"Damn it! It's a lie! It's a lie that I, a swordsman, would lose to something like this, the weakest job!"




 With that, Dan ran off.


 Phew, I guess I won the battle.




"Wow, that's amazing, Rex-kun!"


“Excellent work, master.”




 Anna and Louise, who were watching me and Dan's "training," approached me.


 Anna was running energetically like a child, and Louise was clapping as she walked along.




“I believed that if my Master, who flawlessly replicated the sword skills I showed him just once, would definitely win an overwhelming victory over that person. You've proven that you can beat a <Swordsman> with ease now."


“Actually, I secretly watched the training with Louise earlier, but you looked cool in all of them, Rex-kun!"



 I've only vaguely noticed that both Louise and Anna are the types to praise and encourage.


 I'm happy, but I think it's best not to get too carried away.




"thank you"


"Now Master, let's continue our training."


"I'm rooting for you, Rex-kun!"






 And so, Louise and I's training began in earnest.




 Louise finally unlocked her swordsmanship skills (though only partially), and I focused my efforts on countermeasures and imitations.


 Anna, on the other hand, cheered me on full of energy every day during her breaks from studying.




 Thanks to Louise's guidance and Anna's support, I was able to acquire a certain degree of <Sword Saint> sword skills.




 A year passed and I was 11 years old... 





TN : if you found something wrong just let me know


 If you like my work please consider support me Ko-fi



Back    TOC    Next

Comments

ads