ads

Chapter 21 Huge Body Assessment




 We returned to Celestia and visited the adventurer's guild.


 I decided to report to Reimi, the receptionist, as usual.




“Since the subjugation is over, I would like to request an assessment.”


"Thank you for your hard work, Zest-san. Even though you're an E-rank, you're still achieving great results every day. With this, I don't think it'll be long before you can rank up to D-rank, nya."


“Is that so?”


“At this rate, I think you’ll be able to do it quickly, nya. There are very few adventurers who are this good, nya!”




 By the way, Lapis and Finne have already reached E-rank. Their efforts in hunting Horn Rabbits every day seem to have been appreciated.




“I got off topic nya. It was an appraisal nya. Did you hunt horn rabbits today too nya?”


"Ah, no. Today I went to the forest area. There I subjugated a heavy boar or such."


"What! You're already hunting heavy boars, nya!? I heard it's a tough hunting ground for those who aren't level 10, nya!"


"Well, the three of us worked together to do our best. Right, Lapis?"


"Eh... ah, yeah. That's right, maybe..."




 her eyes are swimming as she spoke in a monotone... well, it's fine.




“Then I would like you to check it at the appraisal site right away.”


"Ah, that's right. If possible, I'd like you to take me to a larger place."


"Nya? What do you mean, nya?"


"I caught a bit of a big fish. Maybe I not fit in our usual spot."


"A big fish? Was there a monster that big in the forest? Nya...?"


"You'll know when you see it. Isn't there a better place?"


"Then I'll show you around, nya. Please come with me, nya."




 We followed Reimi to the square.


 I guess it's okay here.




"Then I'll take it out."


"Please nya"




 Take out the Great Boar stored in my inventory.



Ads



“Seno…!!”




 Thud! ! ! !




"Ginyaaaaaaaaaaaaa!? Wh-what is this big lump? Nyaaaaaaaa! ?


"This is called a Great Boar, and it's a mutant of the Heavy Boar."


"Huh, mutant species...? Come to think of it, I've heard that nya... Some monsters are said to be extremely strong on rare occasions..."




 The corpse of the Great Boar is so massive that it almost fills the square.


 I wonder how many servings of yakiniku we can get from this one.




"Looking at it again, it's really big... I can't believe you defeated this, Zest..."


"I still can't believe that Zest-san defeated this..."


"Don't worry. Me too..."




 I can hear voices talking behind me, but I don't really care.




"B-but if it's this big, I can't do it by myself..."


"W-what's that shaking just now!? What happened!?"




 The man who appeared screaming was the guild branch manager.


 It jumped out and came to the square.




“Hey, explain what happened- Oh!?”




 It seems that they have finally noticed the existence of the Great Boar.




“What, what, what, what kind of monster is this!?”


"It's a great boar. I came here because I thought the usual appraisal site would be too small, and I was right."


"What!? it's you again..."




 He looked at me with a complex expression, both shocked and disbelief.




"A-are you really the one who defeated it? Even B-ranks have a hard time with this guy, right? You're still E-rank, so there's no way you could defeat it..."


"No, no, that's outrageous. The three of us worked together. It was a formidable enemy. We fought desperately, too, and were finally able to defeat it. Isn't that right?"




 I turned to Lapis and the others, but for some reason they remained silent and looked away.



Ads



"Huh? They're not saying anything..."


"Well, they seem to be quite tired and don't have the energy to talk. Well, don't worry about such small details."


"B-but..."


"Or something else? Are you planning on saying we picked it up again?"


"...!"




 The old man looked at me for a while.


 He didn't ask me anything in particular, nor did he look at me with suspicion. he just stared at me.


 It looked as if he was trying to gauge my ability.




“…I-I don’t mean to say that.”


“Then what's the matter?"


"I was just surprised because the building suddenly shook. If you're going to bring something this big, at least tell me something."


"Then I'll do that next time."




 Hmm. Does this clear up the suspicion?




"Hey, Reimi! Get some people together! If it's this big, you probably won't be able to handle it by yourself!"


"I-I understand, Nya!"




 Reimi left in a hurry.




"The assessment will take some time. I'll call you when it's finished, so please wait."


"roger that"




 So, I decided to wait in the waiting area until the assessment was completed.





TN : if you found something wrong just let me know


 If you like my work please consider support me Ko-fi



Prev    TOC    Next

Comments

ads