ads

Chapter 185 Trembling body




 After riding for several hours from the previous town, we arrived at the neighboring town of Bilvan.




 Meanwhile, Brad and Kuro were running outside to watch out for any beastmen getting involved with us...these guys are good guys. Well, it might be an order from Duke Cerence.




 Walking through the streets of Bilvan, We didn't get tangled with anyone, but I felt like they were looking at me like they were wary of me... no, they were hostile to me. Usually I feel jealous stares, but this was a completely different stare.




 By the way, the only people walking after getting off the carriage were me, Brad, and Kuro; all the other members were inside the carriage.




"Well, as you can see, it's like this. The closer you get to the capital, people become less wary and hostile. This is because problems are occurring only at the territory's borders, and around the capital near the center of the Duchy of Cerence. Then there will be no damage.”




 As Brad spoke, I asked the question that had been on my mind.




"Do you have any idea where they were taken?"




"I think my father will tell you about that."




 Brad's face was unusually mysterious. When we arrived at Bilvan's inn, everyone got off the carriage and entered the inn.




 At that time, the gazes of the residents who saw Ellie changed from wariness and hostility to positive ones, such as respect and expectation.




 Indeed, the way people look at Ellie is different. I don't know if she realizes it herself...




 We went to the inn, took a bath as usual, and then ate dinner. Brad and Kuro also ate together today, and then Brad said he wanted to talk alone, so I asked the other members to take a break in their rooms first, and Brad and I went to the inn's dining room. So we decided to talk over drinks.




 By the way, I asked Kuro to go back to his room and rest. It seems that Kuro will be keeping watch around the inn during the night.




"How was it? How did the food in the Duchy of Cerence taste?"




 Brad started with a casual topic.




"Ah, it was mostly meat dishes, but the seasoning was light and suited my taste."




 Answering honestly, Brad seemed satisfied.




“So, how is the atmosphere in the Duchy of Cerence?”




 He asked with a slightly serious expression. This was probably what he really wanted to ask.




"As it is now, I don't want to come back anymore, but I might want to if the misunderstanding is cleared up. Right now, I feel in danger. Besides, we have a lot of female members. I especially don't want to go to dangerous places."




 Brad looked a little sad at my answer. But soon his expression returned



Ads



“Now that I think about it, did the members change? Dominique? The guy named Dominique is gone, and the girl who was the vice-captain in the freshmen's fighting tournament the other day joined, right?"




“Ah, Dominique will remain in the Holy Kingdom of Diadora. I am currently asking Duke Reagan to let him take a leave of absence. And in place of Dominique, Alice joined Genesis."




 I thought it was a lie that would be immediately exposed, but I had no choice but to say it to Brad. If I said that Alice joined [Reimei], it would reveal that she is a Holy magician, the sixth party member.




 If anyone other than Brad asked, I was going to honestly say that she joined [Reimei]. It might be believable to say that she joined because she's cute, but in Brad's case, if I said that, he might get mad and tell me to think more about Ellie.




"I see. Even for me, a beastman, she was cute, and I couldn't believe she was a first-year student, so...well, please don't be offended and listen to me. If it's about Marth, you would definitely put her in [Reimei] based on her face. That's what I thought.''




 Hey! I should have told you that she joined [Reimei] from the beginning without reading too much into it! I quenched my throat with alcohol, pretended to be calm, and asked Brad about something I was curious about.




“A while ago, Brad was told various things by the beastmen residents in the neighboring town, right? you said to come to the capital in three days, but what are you going to do?”




"Of course, I'm going to decide by force. Well, I don't think my father would allow that. People like that will go berserk if you don't let them blow off some steam. I intend to let off some steam somewhere."




 Surprisingly, he seems to be observant of others.




"Then, shall we go to bed? We're heading to the capital tomorrow, right?"




"That's right. Well then, Marth. See you tomorrow."




 We left the dining room before 9 pm and returned to our respective rooms. Kuro was standing guard in front of the room. I thought it would be from midnight, but...




"Thank you. Kuro."




"I'll be on guard duty until around 3 o'clock."




 Kuro nodded at my words and promised to be on guard duty until 3 o'clock. When I returned to the room, everyone greeted me with worried faces. Baron and Minerva were also in this room.




"I heard from Ellie earlier. Did someone wearing our uniform kidnap a beastkin child?"




 Clarisse asked on behalf of everyone.




"Ah, yeah, I was thinking of asking about that, but it seems that Duke Cerence will give us more details. I'll arrive at the capital tomorrow, so let's all ask then. If everyone has any ideas, please let me know."




"Even if you said an idea..."




 Karen said and Misha quickly responded,




“We can’t buy our uniforms anywhere else, so Joseph or Johan is the only one left, right?”




 I gave the answer easily.




“However, if you have black hair, are tall, and have thin lines, then both of them are different... Moreover, when it comes to clearly distorted personality traits, I don't think it's either of them."




 Everyone agrees with my words.




"Let's summarize the information so far. Before the new student tournament, a black-haired man wearing our uniform went wild in the Cerence Duchy. And at that time, several people became unconscious. This time, it was the black-haired man. kidnapped a beastman's child. So, we're suspected to be his accomplices.


When walking around the Duchy of Cerence, be sure to walk with multiple people. Starting tonight, we will be careful by changing our sleeping times, and all 8 of us will sleep in the same room. We'll bring beds from another room, so it might get a bit cramped, but please bear with it."'




 Everyone nodded at my instructions, we immediately decided to bring beds from the rooms where Baron was staying and decide on the order in which they would sleep. Then, unusually, Ellie




"Marth, Clarisse, and I will start now. Everyone else will start at 3 o'clock. Is that okay?"



Ads



 Firmly stating her opinion to everyone, Ellie surprised me, and everyone else.




"Okay. It might be a little bad for your skin, but if Ellie says so, then let's do it."




 Karen agreed and everyone else followed suit. Following Ellie's instructions, the three of us immediately went to bed. When I woke up three hours later, I decided to let the women who were currently awake, Karen, Misha, Alice, and Minerva go to bed first.




 After all, when it comes to their skin, women want to go to bed early. Baron was also happy that Minerva could go to bed early.




 Then, at 3 o'clock, Clarisse and Ellie woke up and Baron went to bed. The three of us, while being vigilant around us, Clarisse said,




"Ellie. Is there something you want to tell us?"




 Clarisse asked Ellie and Ellie nodded. But it was clear that something was wrong with Ellie.




"Beastman... I think he was kidnapped by... Duke Miliord..." (TN: i change his name from Miriordo)




 Pale and trembling, Ellie said. I hugged Ellie from her side, and Clarisse hugged her on the other side.




"Why do you think it's Duke Miliord?"




 I asked Ellie




"Because... somehow... I've been there... before...?"




 Ellie is trying hard to remember, but her face becomes increasingly pale, and she finally begins to hyperventilate.




 I put the heal on her from behind, and Clarisse put her hand on Ellie's chest and put the heal on her as well, which helped Ellie's hyperventilation to subside, but her expression didn't improve.




"Ellie. Let's stop here for today. Thank you for telling us. If you remember anything else, please let us know. But you don't have to force yourself to remember. Clarisse and I will be on guard today, so Ellie should rest now."




 I put Ellie in my princess arms, took her to bed, and put Ellie to sleep. I put my girlfriend Ellie to bed and went back next to Clarisse.




"Karen, Misha. You're awake, right?"




 When I asked towards the bed where Karen and Misha were lying, they woke up with embarrassed looks on their faces.




"Did you find out? I was worried about Erin."




"Yeah. Neither of them had run out of MP. Also, I saw Baron waking Karen up."




 When I answered Misha's question, Karen said,




"It's rare for Ellie to talk on her own. But I guess Ellie had something to do with Duke Miliord. That Ellie was incredibly frightened."




"That's right. Please don't mention that name in front of Ellie."




 I had a vague idea of ​​what Duke Miliord did to Ellie. However, I refrained from saying this lightly.




 If I were to talk, I thought it would be best to get confirmation from Ellie. Maybe Clarisse is aware of it too, but she might be afraid to speak up.




“Hasn’t the Freswald family investigated Duke Miliord?”




 I asked Karen




“They might be looking into it, but I only recently heard the name Duke Miliord.”




"I see. Next time I have a chance to meet Duke Freswald, could I ask him?"




 When I asked Karen, she nodded.




“I want Misha to ask Professor Sasha as well. Professor Sasha seems to be quite knowledgeable about the Zarkam Kingdom.”




 Misha also nodded, so finally, I turned to Clarisse.




"Clarisse, I'll probably be acting alone more often. But I'll try to avoid walking alone in the city as much as possible. So, when I'm not around, please take care of Ellie. If possible, I'd like Clarisse, Ellie, and Alice to stay together."




 Clarisse nodded, Karen and Misha went to sleep in preparation for tomorrow, while Clarisse and I huddled together while guarding the room.




TN : guys i'm sorry for not release update for this novel, i currently sick, but i'll do my best to release it gradually, please take care of your health too guys and as usual if you found something wrong just let me know


 If you like my work please consider support me Ko-fi




Prev    Toc    Next

Comments

ads