ads

Chapter 6 Master is already surpassing the Hero and the Saint, and the day when he will completely transcend them will soon come




 A year has passed since I woke up in a different world and learned how to use a sword from his personal maid Louise.


 I was 11 years old.




"Haa!"




 In the duke's courtyard, my wooden sword cuts through the air.


 Then, the target set several meters away was torn in two.




 The prototype of the long-distance swordsmanship skills "Flying blade" seemed to have finally taken shape.




 In order to strengthen "wind", which does not have a solid form, a simple amount of magical power and a high level of magical control were required.



 Therefore, the experiments hadn't been successful for quite some time, but with this...




"Wow...that's amazing! That's amazing, Rex-kun!"


"Excellent job, Master. I never thought that you would be able to reproduce the skill "Flying Blade", even though you are a <support magician> who is said to be unable to even use basic swordsmanship skills."




 My step sister Anna shows a bright smile.


 And although [Sword God] Louise had no expression on her face, she was clapping while looking passionately in her eyes.




"Louise-san, isn't "Flying Blade" a special swordsmanship skill that can only be used by <Sword Saints>?"


"If you compare it with our common sense, that's true. Even the female heroes of the previous generation had not learned "Flying Blade". However, Master has drastically changed that common sense... no, he has changed the way the world works. He has transcended it.”


"Yeah!"


"I didn't do much. I just used magic to "strengthen" the wind pressure when swinging the wooden sword, and it's not finished yet. The current distance is too short."


"Wow, Rex-kun is really amazing! I mean, aside from strengthening wind magic even further, I've never heard of a magician who could strengthen the wind that was created by humans!"


"The wind pressure generated when you swing a wooden sword is equivalent to a breeze. However, it would be impossible for any magician to give that breeze a certain degree of direction, speed, and increase its sharpness and range. That's right...even for the previous Saint.''


“Well, well, I appreciate the praise, but isn't that a bit much..."




 When I said that, Louise placed her hand on her chin and muttered, "Since this is a good opportunity, shall I go ahead and talk about it?"




"I haven't talked about it until now, but I actually accompanying a hero party nearly 100 years ago. Naturally, I am well acquainted with the previous female hero and Saint."



Ads



 I already know about that.


 The source, of course, is game knowledge.




"Huh! Louise-san is actually the [Sword God] Louise that came up in history class!? She's half high elf king and half human!"




 Louise answers Anna's question with a short, "Yes," and nods.




“But when I asked last time, you said, 'It's just a coincidence of the same race, same name, and same vocation, we are different people'....''


“At that time, I had a strong desire to keep my identity a secret, so I lied to Anna. I am truly sorry.”


"T-That's totally fine! Everyone has a secret or two!"




 As Louise lowers her head, Anna desperately follows with a troubled smile on her face.




"Louise, you spoke well. I am very happy that you disclosed yourself.''


“This is to help you, Master, understand your own greatness."


“But the fact you're revealing that what you've hidden until now means there must have been some change in your mindset, right?"


“Over the past year, I have come to understand that Rex-sama will protect me if something happens.”




 Hmm……


 According to the description in the game and the history books of this world, the previous hero's party's [Sword God] Louise disappeared like the wind right after the demon king was subjugated about 100 years ago.


 Considering that, Louise may not have wanted to be taken advantage of by powerful people or organizations.




"...The topic has gone off, but what I wanted to say was that 'Master is already surpassing the heroes and the saints, and the day when you will completely transcend them will soon come.'"


"Rex-kun is amazing after all! Thanks to Louise-san, who was by the previous hero's side, who those spoke words, I feel even more amazed by Rex-kun! Well, actually, I've always, always thought that Rex-kun was amazing!"




 Both Louise and Anna praised me openly.


 That makes me happy, but...




“Louise, is it true that I am surpassing the Hero and the Saint?”


"Yes. At least in terms of the quality and quantity of magical power, you have already transcended them. Your skill in swordsmanship and ability to control magical techniques are also reaching the level of the previous female heroes and the saint. If luck is on your side, I think you can win even if they teamed up."


“Is that just flattery, thinking, 'Let's praise and encourage him as usual'?"


“What do you mean by 'as usual'? I've never given 'flattery' to Rex-sama in the past, but to the current Rex-sama who has reflected properly, right?''


"eh……"




 When I saw Louise giving me feedback with a serious look on her face, I felt a shiver run down my spine.




 wait a minute……


 If what Louise said is true, does that mean that I have been spreading magical power around me that is on par with a hero or a saint?




 If that's the case, there's a possibility that the final boss, the Demon King, is already paying attention.


 However, the final boss is a cautious person,and they wouldn't want to reveal their presence to the locals by making a move like "the Demon Lord has returned."


 The fact that they haven't come to kill me at this point is a good example.




 ...Alright, let's train more so that I can take defeat on the Demon King.




"For the time being, I would like to gain some actual combat experience..."


"In that case, why don't you register as an adventurer? I'm saddened that I won't have the opportunity to have fun training with my master."




 I never thought that Louise would suggest that I become an adventurer.



Ads



“I thought Louise was of the opinion that you should never fight monsters until you become stronger.”


"With your abilities, Master, you could have started taking guild quests from the first day of training a year ago. However, I had a strong desire to see your growth up close, so I ended up dragging it out. It was a lifetime mistake."


"No, I don't mind that. Thanks to that, I've been able to reproduce Louise's sword skills to some extent. But I wonder if my father won't object?"


“For times like this, I received permission a long time ago. His Excellency the Duke said that I could propose to my master to register as an adventurer at my own timing.”




 I never thought my father would approve.


Ever since "I'' woke up a year ago, I had been avoided.


 Most likely, they thought, "He's changed so much and become so quiet, it's creepy."




 To be honest, I also felt like "I didn't get along well" with my rough and careless father, despite him being a noble.




 Louise was the bridge between me and my father.


 That was a great blessing.




"Thank you. I always think that Louise is reliable."


"I'm grateful and happy. It feels heavenly to be praised by my master."


"I didn't do anything special."


"That's not true!"




 Anna said enthusiastically.




“I always feel extremely happy when Rex-kun praises me! I think Louise-san feels the same way as me.”




Louise nods, "It's as you said, Anna."


 If that's the case, I'll accept it gratefully.




"An adventurer, huh... Alright, let's give it a try. Louise, can I go to the guild by myself now?"


"Of course, Master. I support you wholeheartedly."


"Good luck, Rex-kun!"




 After making my preparations, I left the mansion and headed for the Adventurer's Guild building while being seen off by Louise and Anna.





TN : if you found something wrong just let me know


 If you like my work please consider support me Ko-fi



Back    TOC    Next

Comments

ads