ads

Chapter 170 Burning Holy City




Sophia POV


March 24, 2031




 It's already been seven days since we left the Duchy of Regan.




 From now on, we will leave the inn and head for the Diadora Holy Kingdom. During our journey so far, few things surprised me.





 The first thing that surprised me was how comfortable the trip was.




 There were many times when Alice got sick due to the drastic temperature changes during the trip in the carriage, but it was warm inside and around the carriage.




 When I asked Clarisse why, she said that Marth was adjusting the temperature. Maybe Marth wants to see my skin and doesn't want me to be overdressed.




 Marth doesn't say things clearly, so I have to make sure I understand, but that's also Marth's good point, so it can't be helped.






 The second is that you will definitely be able to stay at the finest inn in the city.




 I've never stayed at an inn like this... I guess Marth really cares about me... He said that the higher the security, the better. He would definitely assign me and Alice the room that seemed to have the highest security.




 No matter which inn we go to, we first decide on the room for me and Alice. It seems that Marth can't help but want to spoil me... It's like he's already proposed to me when he's taken care of so much.






 And last but not least, this [Akatsuki] clan is strong.




 It's not like Marth is the only one strong, they're all very strong, and they all seem to have more ability than a C-rank adventurer...so even if monsters appear, the speed of the carriage doesn't change at all.




 Marth and Ellie search for enemies, and Baron and Dominic defeat monsters. At that time, Marth will definitely be near me. He clearly said that he would protect Sophia.




 The [Saint's Corps], a party made up of me and Alice, and the [Saint's Shield], a group of five men who like me, we used to run around every time a monster appeared, but now it's completely safe. we don't have to think about such things anymore. We don't get ambushed, so we can truly feel at ease.




“Do you all have such comfortable journeys every time?”




 Alice asks the women in this place. By the way, they are traveling in two carriages, with three men and seven women traveling separately. The men's carriage is loaded with luggage for 10 people.




"Is it comfortable...? I'm already used to it..."




 Clarisse replied




"Clarisse has always been with Marth, so she doesn't know how grateful I am! Even when I was with my moms, I never been this relax, you know?"




"That's right. It's safer than being protected by the knights around here, and above all, the air conditioning, temperature, and humidity are thoroughly controlled, so it's good for everyone's health and skin. Also, the toilet... Even when I want to pick flowers, Marth-kun will make a toilet for me, which is very helpful."




 Minerva agrees with Misha's words.




“I think the labyrinth is the most comfortable place to be with Marth. I think the two of you will definitely change your view of the world whether you have Marth or not. In the past, when I went to labyrinths, I couldn’t take a bath and I couldn't sleep in the bed, and that's why I hated labyrinths, but as long as I have Marth, those problems can be solved, so it's truly comfortable."




 Karen said with flushed cheeks. After all, Marth is trusted by everyone. Marth needs me too... I don't feel bad.




“Even Marth has a tough fight. I don't want to remember too much, so I won't go into detail, but..."




 When Clarisse said that, Ellie




"... if something happens to Marth... I'll go to the carriage over there..."




 When she try to stand up and go to the other carriage




"Ellie, don't run around."




 Ellie ended up staying after being restrained by Clarisse. After driving the carriage for a while, we came across a checkpoint between the Allied Lister Union and the Diadora Holy Kingdom, which looked different than usual.






 ☆☆☆






“No traffic from here! Until the stampede of monsters in the Diadora Holy Kingdom subsides!”




 So it developed into a stampede, huh...




"We are here on a quest from the Diadora Holy Kingdom."




 The soldiers at the checkpoint were surprised when I showed them the quest form.




“Students… and it's first and second year students, are you going to the site where the stampede of monsters is occurring? ”




"Yes. We are a B-rank party and a C-rank party."




 After a thorough explanation, they seemed to be convinced, and the soldiers from the checkpoint on The Allied Lister Union side called the soldiers from the checkpoint on the Diadora Holy Kingdom side and told me about the current situation.




"In the Holy City of Elhagan, the Pope is gathering all those who can fight in the Holy Kingdom of Diadora to fight the stampede. But it is a stampede on a scale never seen before.


You must be careful. And please, please, take care of the Diadora Holy Kingdom! Adventurers are coming one after another from the Allied Lister Union , but the stampede does shows no signs of stopping."




 When Dominique heard that




“Marth! Hurry up!! It's only half a day's journey from here to Elhagan by carriage! And our home is also in Elhagan! Please!"




"Okay! Then let the coachman stop here! We'll make sure to arrive at Elhagan by the end of the day!"




 I handed a gold coin to a soldier of the Allied Lister side and asked him to send the coachman of the carriage to a nearby town because it would be dangerous, and he kindly agreed. The power of money is strong no matter the era or world.




 Baron drives the carriage that the women are riding in, and I drive the other carriage.




 Since it's a trip with 10 people, there is quite a lot of luggage... Of course, most of it is Sophia and Alice's luggage... This was the first time for those two go on a quest expedition, so they still don't know what they need and what they don't.




 The day before leaving Regan, Sophia and Alice asked Duke Regan for permission to skip school so they could prepare for the trip, and she approved it. As I was the only one in the second-year S class exempted from all classes, Clarisse asked me to accompany them and stop them if they tried to buy unnecessary things.




 I followed Clarisse's request and accompanied them, but I couldn't bring myself to say "You don't need that" when they said they wanted something or liked something...




 The troublesome part was the lingerie shop. For some reason, I was also dragged into the store and asked by Alice about my favorite color and what is my favorite shape? I was asked, so well, I answered honestly




“Marth-senpai’s favorite pink is for Clarisse-senpai…the next white one is for Minerva-senpai…Yellow is for Ellie-senpai and red is for Karen-senpai. And Misha-senpai likes light blue and blue, and my sister's hair is a pale purple color, so... "




 I don't mind if they choose the same color, so why do they dislike having the same one? Alice ended up buying underwear in almost every color.




 And speaking of Sophia...a shiny black one-piece dress with a lot of exposure...could this be bondage...and glasses like butterflies with no lenses and black boots...and finally she bring three red candles to the cash register and say something to me




"I won't betray Marth's expectations. Just like Marth told me, I'm currently working hard to learn from Minerva how to chain."




 She said it with a confident expression, so I couldn't help but reply




"Th-Thank you... I-I'll look forward to it..."




 I answered. I wonder when Sophia is going to wear this...and why does she need bondages, glasses, boots, and three candles? is it just me or Minerva and Sophia smell a bit the same?






 We entered the Holy Kingdom of Diadora, and advanced to the Holy City of Elhagan in a forced march. When I saw the city of Elhagan in the distance, I saw an outrageous sight.




 It seems that Elhagan is a city surrounded by lakes. There are bridges in the north, south, east, and west, and monsters can't attack all at once because of the lake.




 However, from a distance, it could be seen that the city was on fire here and there. Although the city gate at the bridge doesn't seem to have been broken through, a large amount of magic and arrows are being driven into the city from outside.




 On the other hand, the town only throws stones and ballista arrows at the monsters occasionally...




"Marth! I'm running from here!"




 Dominique exclaimed, his voice almost a scream, and gets off the carriage and ran. I can't go with Dominique because I have to drive a carriage.




“Clarisse! Ellie! Please accompany Dominique! But be sure to avoid rushing into the center of the monsters! Karen and Misha, protect this carriage and be vigilant of the surroundings! Minerva, Sofia, Alice, be prepared to fight and get off the carriage whenever necessary!"



 Clarisse and Ellie quickly get out of the carriage and chase after Dominique. I can trust these two to handle the situation.




 Karen and Misha also get off the carriage with a serious expression that is different from usual and start to be vigilant around the carriage.




 Minerva was the same as usual, but Sophia and Alice had a worried expression on their faces.




 As I hurriedly drove the carriage, I could see the monsters in detail. The monsters there were... goblins... but most of them were of a type I'd never seen before, mostly goblin knights, goblin archers, and goblins with a threat level of E.




 And it appeared that all these goblins were being led by everyone's favorite, the Goblin General. If it's goblins, Alice and Sophia should be able to handle them...




"Minerva, Alice, Sophia! get out of the carriage and defeat the monsters! But don't go too far! Misha and Karen, focus on vigilance around those three! Baron Please continue to be vigilant while driving the carriage!”




 All three of them get out of the carriage and start fighting the goblins. Alice and Sophia can defeat the goblins, but they seem to take damage.




"Alice! If you take even a little damage, immediately recover with heal! Sophia is going too far forward! Attack from behind Misha and Alice!"




 It seems that Sophia is a battle fanatic and has a habit of going forward like crazy... she's steadily advancing alone... this is useless unless someone must always be near Sophia... especially in this situation... It seems it has to be me...




"Misha! Bring Sophia to me! It's dangerous, She's being reckless, and I want her to stay close to me!"




 When I shouted out loud, Misha immediately hugged Sophia and brought her to me. Then for some reason Sophia's face turned bright red.




 Maybe she caught a fever because she's not dressed warmly enough...?






TN : Sorry i didnt post last week because i was sick

If you like my work please support me Ko-fi



Prev    Toc    Next

Comments

ads